2017-2018 Japanese Nationals Ladies SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Japanese Nationals Ladies SP

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Who is that charming girl? I've never seen the skater, but the program is a breath of fresh air. After Nicole Bobek, finally the Lion King music has its merit in figure skating. Well done.

schizoanalyst

Medalist
Appreciated her energy. I think there are some (<) headed her way but great overall. She sold the program and it's one of the few backloaded programs that I wasn't bored in the first half!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Who is that charming girl? I've never seen the skater, but the program is a breath of fresh air. After Nicole Bobek, finally the Lion King music has its merit in figure skating. Well done.

1st one in this group? Yuhana Yokoi, she is very dynamic and great performer! she was at JGP this season

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Appreciated her energy. I think there are some (<) headed her way but great overall. She sold the program and it's one of the few backloaded programs that I wasn't bored in the first half!

I liked how she started straight away with the step sequence because that's what the music called for!

AnalyticalMind

Rinkside
Apparently this (Rika Oya) program is choreographed by Akiko Suzuki as well. Happy to hear that she's getting a good amount of work as a choreographer (and—no shade to Fumie or Miki—it's not just recycling her old programs).

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
1st one in this group? Yuhana Yokoi, she is very dynamic and great performer! she was at JGP this season

I skipped the whole JGP this season except the Junior GPF where Kihira was the only Japanese girl in the competition, so didn't know her until now. She is a great performer indeed. I'll keep my eyes on her.

schizoanalyst

Medalist
Apparently this (Rika Oya) program is choreographed by Akiko Suzuki as well. Happy to hear that she's getting a good amount of work as a choreographer (and, no shade to Fumie or Miki, but it's not just recycling her old programs).

Mao music right before, Machida music now choreographed by Suzuki! I'm getting all nostalgically melancholy :cry:

elle_e

On the Ice
Is it my memory, or is this the same dress and music that Yuka Nagai used for her SP a few seasons back?

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Lots of nostalgic music choices :)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Is it my memory, or is this the same dress and music that Yuka Nagai used for her SP a few seasons back?

Not same, but similar color and design. Yes, she used the music. I wonder whether Yuka still competes.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The current skate reminds me of Miki Ando and her firebird costume.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Nana Araki is next! She was a favorite junior of mine :cheer: