2017 CS Finlandia Free Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Finlandia Free Dance

pearly

Record Breaker
They are coached by Schoenfelder. He and Delobel were one of my favorite dance couples during their time. Their 2006 free dance was a thing of beauty.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I remember Goo Goo Dolls playing a free show in a parking lot in Manhattan. This was just before their careers exploded.

Good times.

AliAle

On the Ice
At least this was music from a soundtrack not MR, La La Land, Ghost or Cabaret. Progress!

- - - Updated - - -

It's from City of Angels. It was the soundtrack of my college days, without the drunkess involved though!

Haha, I know, it's just that the transition between the music pieces reminded me of how people would jump to change songs without waiting for one to finish, quite jarring, especially between the last two.

pearly

Record Breaker
Wow. Urban/Steffan skating to a cover of Tom Waits's Little Drop of Poison.

That song (both the cover and the original) would actually make a really good tango, I hope someone uses it next year for SD.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It's so ga ga ga..................ga...............gagagaga................py. Grrrrrrrrrr. Curse you Finlandia!

Her dress would be improved immensely if she would remove the 42 pounds of white gumballs at the neckline.

GGFan

Record Breaker
That was my first time watching Fear and Gibson. Really enjoyed them! Good skating skills and the last third was a lot of fun.

zebobes

Final Flight
Wow, Lilah Fear and Lewis Gibson really impressed me. I've never seen them skate before, they are super fast, really musical and expressive. I thought that this cut of West Side Story was impressively put together. Some of the lifts were a little scary, in that they looked like they might go wrong at any second, but I appreciate how a lot of them really hit the beat of the music.

I'm waiting to see who their coaches are... I have my suspicions... as they are a very polished team...

zebobes

Final Flight
Wow, Lilah Fear and Lewis Gibson really impressed me. I've never seen them skate before, they are super fast, really musical and expressive. I thought that this cut of West Side Story was impressively put together. Some of the lifts were a little scary, in that they looked like they might go wrong at any second, but I appreciate how a lot of them really hit the beat of the music.

I'm waiting to see who their coaches are... I have my suspicions... as they are a very polished team...

Edited to add: Yup, another Montreal team.

Andrea82

Medalist
139.61 for Fear/Gibson with a 88.78 FD (PB)

Had Coomes/Buckland not been injured last year, they would have probably got top 10 at Worlds ensuring 2 Olympic spots for GBR taking F/G to PeyonChang

zebobes

Final Flight
139.61 for Fear/Gibson with a 88.78 FD

Had Coomes/Buckland not been injured last year, they would have probably got top 10 at Worlds ensuring 2 Olympic spot for GBR taking F/G to PeyonChang

It's a pity, because they absolutely deserve to go with their level of skating.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Well the Spanish looked very chic. Can't tell about the program with all the gapping. Let me try rebooting everything at the Zamboni break and see if that helps.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Nice skate by the Spanish team. The movement felt authentic and they had several nice lifts. He has some amazing lines. I hope they keep improving.

pearly

Record Breaker
Does Zueva have any top senior teams other than the Shibutanis? I think I remember seeing Igor with many teams at one of the CS events. And of course Gadbois. But Marina is nowhere to be seen?

Marta25

Medalist
Does Zueva have any top senior teams other than the Shibutanis? I think I remember seeing Igor with many teams at one of the CS events. And of course Gadbois. But Marina is nowhere to be seen?

She has Lorenz/Polizoakis and Tobias/Tkachenko. Zueva was with the Germans in Oberstdorf. Tobias/Tkachenko are entered for the Challenger in Minsk.