2017 Europeans Mens FS | Page 45 | Golden Skate

2017 Europeans Mens FS

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
I am very happy Javier got some 9.75 and 9.50s in performance for this messy program. very deserved. :agree:

andromache

Record Breaker
It's evident that PCS are used to rank skaters, rather than functioning how we think they are supposed to (i.e., to NOT rank skaters but to award points where earned by the performance and nothing but the performance.) Javi's performance was not perfection, was not some sort of ultimate 10. But in the context of this competition, judges award 10s to show how far ahead Javi is compared to the rest of the field. Which is true.

If Mikhail is getting 8s, Javi gets 10s. Perhaps if other skaters were scored more conservatively, then Javi could be scored more conservatively as well. But this is really just a ranking system.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Thank you Kutien for the videos.

I immediately rewatched Javi for a closer look at that fall, OUCH! and Deniss for a closer look at Stephane. :)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Nah, Mikhail's PCS are fine to me: he sold the program involving the audience and lots of choreographic moments in the transitions. Actually i think he deserved higher PCS than Kovtun because at least he didn't run out of gas.

However i'm not okay with Moris GOE's: 87.38 is the bv of his program (which is huge btw) and the TES is 89.77, so no +3 for him even for the 4T-3T in the 2nd half, even Javi doesn't have a quad-triple in the 2nd half!

What I liked about Mikhail was his attention to the edges in his program... so many guys just do the choreo and he actually gets into his knees more than last season. The improvement is evident, however I wish the middle of his program was more engaging. I was waiting for his next jumping pass, because the choreo was a bit of a snooze. I hate when skaters "turn it on" for the step sequence because it's like "Why don't you show that level of enthusiasm/interpretation/skating ability... Or at least half that enthusiasm... in the rest of the program?!"

TerpsichoreFS

Marin Honda's skating skills
Final Flight
Only kovtun would dab at a medal ceremony x)

OMG he did the dude salting his steak meme too! I can't

Last edited:

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Anyway, as a Czech, I really hope you all liked our organization of the event! I'm so sad I couldn't go, but seeing the amazing supportive audience made me so happy! I hope you all will miss it, since I will. :love: :clapper:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Anyway, as a Czech, I really hope you all liked our organization of the event! I'm so sad I couldn't go, but seeing the amazing supportive audience made me so happy! I hope you all will miss it, since I will. :love: :clapper:

Yes, way way better than GPF this season.

sallycinnamon

Medalist

As much as I saw from TV it was very well organized. The crowd was especially supportive and cheerful!
It was wayyyy better than GPF, I can't even compare the two.

I have just watched the medal ceremony and it was very nice to see that the organizers decided to play the full version of the Spanish anthem. It is a rare thing.

frida80

Record Breaker

It really was stunning! Great job on a fantastic competition!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Also Tomas Verner was a fantastic host! Really enjoyed his interviews with the champions, it was a nice departure from the usual drab interviews we hear during these things.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Great audience! Are there any venues that would be large enough for Worlds?...And FINALLY I know which nation is "beer nation"! :laugh2:

Shoma One

Rinkside
Well here is the fifth !! It was clear, Javier Fernández Pentachampion !! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Un honor para todos los que somos españoles!! (An honor for all of us who are Spanish) :thank:

Javi is united to is the list of great historical skaters with 5 European titles Alain Giletti (FRA) and Ondrej Nepela (CHE). I would only have an Austrian ahead of me in the 1920s who won 6 times, Willy Bockl. And close to the three Europeans who have won more continental titles: Evgeni Plushenko (7), another Austrian Karl Schafer (8) and the Swedish Ulrich Salchow who won 9, the first in 1899, The same time as President Roosevelt :laugh:

Although the truth that the competition has been, in general, a little borin for me but everything is totally offset by the joy of seeing "One of Us" defend with honor and for the fifth consecutive year his status, Viva him and Viva España! Javier Fernández is again crowned King of Europe.

The rest, Maxim Kovtun who takes the silver proving that he is the best skater of Russia, much more quality than a soft Mikhail Kolyada that rebound takes the bronze because, I think the level of the European boys demonstrated here the truth that has greatly disappointed ... See a skater with the level of Jorik Hendrickx in a fourth position or Moris Kvitelashvili sixth says it all.

Disasters for Samohin, Bychenko (at the end of the fifth but very weak his free), Deniss Vasiljevs, seventh place, a skater who points high but still without quads is a handicap that must solve as soon as possible if he wants to aspire to great achievements. The third Russian Alexander Samarin, eighth, because what is expected of a boy still inexperienced and time will have to improve even though I do not see Samarin a skater who in the near future can disturb the great. And Michal Brezina that I do not know if this competition will have been the last European of his career, he has gone to the 12th position, poor Michal ... Very well the German Paul Fentz, ninth, of the few who have made up a boring Final...
It has finished, another European Championship with the enormous satisfaction of seeing Javier Fernandez at the top of the podium !! The rest, honestly, can easily be forgotten.

And now looking through that tunnel of time into the future, there will be a sixth title, but will it be the last ?? Ups!! I've already become sad :sad4:

Lana05

Final Flight
I think Moris must have best TES of this event, Javi's score is too generous. Judges just don't let someone who represents Georgia be 1st in TES