2017 Europeans Pairs SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2017 Europeans Pairs SP

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just went back and did the edit that I was attempting to do when the thread disappeared.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...ans-Pairs-SP&p=1617246&viewfull=1#post1617246

And when I was checking that I had spelt "Larionov" correct (for some reason, it didn't look right), I noticed that the Croatian partnership has now qualified!

Whoever they end up being, I feel sorry for the two couples that end up not progressing to the FS. It always seems crueller when it is only a small number that get eliminated.

CaroLiza_fan

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just went back and did the edit that I was attempting to do when the thread disappeared.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...ans-Pairs-SP&p=1617246&viewfull=1#post1617246

And when I was checking that I had spelt "Larionov" correct (for some reason, it didn't look right), I noticed that the Croatian partnership has now qualified!

Whoever they end up being, I feel sorry for the two couples that end up not progressing to the FS. It always seems crueller when it is only a small number that get eliminated.

CaroLiza_fan

My feelings exactly--I'm really happy for the Croatian couple. I liked them a lot. But the couple at the bottom... she looked so upset, it was really hard to watch.

tulosai

Record Breaker

CaroLiza_fan

Yes I was typing something similar when the first thread crashed- to cut just 2 couples seems almost cruel.

bartlebooth

Record Breaker

CaroLiza_fan

Indeed

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Sasha Smirnov was the most handsome for me in the picture where he had his glasses on.

ES guys just said that in history of Euros the gold medals were always won by either Russian or German Pairs team. What a domination :eek: And I doubt it will change this year ;)

I just checked that in Wikipedia. The last non-russian, non-german pair to win Europeans was Věra Suchánková / Zdeněk Doležal from Czechoslovakia in 1958. Amazing.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland

CaroLiza_fan

But it's more gratifying to be 16th Pairs team :) And more motivating! There are always two sides of a medal. Btw. I admire all Pairs teams, Pair Ladies are such tough ladies, it's such a difficult discipline! But to me it's also the best one :love: Really glad Polish ES is showing all groups, I'm really happy to be able to watch it :hap93:

lost3iron

More Rock & Roll please!
On the Ice
I like Butkute. She reminds me of a young Gordeeva. Just needs better landings. Her coach or whoever that was told her not to be upset. I'm sure it's what she needed to hear after that skate.

Edit: How did I not realize that that was Sasha?

Sasha actually has a good hair day so that's probably the reason why you didn't recognize him!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Yes I was typing something similar when the first thread crashed- to cut just 2 couples seems almost cruel.

Reminds me of one year in the US when there were 13 junior Ice Dance couples competing at Sectionals (b/c neither McNamara/Carpenter nor Parsons/Parsons made the JGP final for a bye) and only 4 could qualify from each section, so one single team in the country got left out.

I understand it has to do with timing and warmup groupings and the like, but it still really sucks.

Also, Goda Butkute's bio is still on IPS.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Reminds me of one year in the US when there were 13 junior Ice Dance couples competing at Sectionals (b/c neither McNamara/Carpenter nor Parsons/Parsons made the JGP final for a bye) and only 4 could qualify from each section, so one single team in the country got left out.

I understand it has to do with timing and warmup groupings and the like, but it still really sucks.

Also, Goda Butkute's bio is still on IPS.

Oof, I can't imagine what that poor team felt like.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Oof, I can't imagine what that poor team felt like.

Was actually Gropman/Somerville, who placed 6th in Junior this year! So they didn't let it get them down!

And on topic, it's almost time for NBCSN to join the Pairs SP live! They're showing Kuchvalska's SP now and Pairs starts in ~5 minutes.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Match arena has got to be the coolest television channel, ever. Even their commercials for the figure skating are pretty.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right, everybody. Get ready for Chris and Nicky to do some serious reminiscing about Zoe's singles career!

CaroLiza_fan