2017 Four Continents Ladies FS | Page 54 | Golden Skate

2017 Four Continents Ladies FS

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Brian Orser is probably thinking he needs a drink. Heck, he should be drunk through the entire competition.

liv

Record Breaker
Mai and Mirai are the skates of the night. Mai coming back from health issues last year to kind of fly under the radar and without the fanfare to win this title. So happy for her. there is a lightness to her skating, great flow and speed and her jumps are wonderful. She just needs a bit more polish.

And Mirai. What trials we all know about for her and she delivered a great performance. She should be so proud of herself.

We had great programs and bad ones..

Did I just hear that Brian said to Bet that they are making a rule about arms over your head and they're going ot limit them?

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Check her fan thread. Mai got a disease and she couldn't even walk. Now she just won 4CC.

Whaa??? That is astonishing what she is able to do here then!! Will check it out soon

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I am very happy for Mirai, but at the same time, very sad for Elizabet.

It's just not good that she spends months with Orser, then because of her visa problems, 2 months with Tutberidze, then back again to Orser.

She is just an amazing talent.

Didn't know about her visa problems. It will be very difficult for her next season when Russian coaches are not allowed to coach non-Russian skaters.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
highlights for me were (future world champion) Mai and (tragically beautiful) Zijun :love: also loved Brooklee and the Chinese girl skating to Mononoke.
edit : her name Xiangning Li sorry

Last edited:

frida80

Record Breaker
Mai and Mirai are the skates of the night. Mai coming back from health issues last year to kind of fly under the radar and without the fanfare to win this title. So happy for her. there is a lightness to her skating, great flow and speed and her jumps are wonderful. She just needs a bit more polish.

And Mirai. What trials we all know about for her and she delivered a great performance. She should be so proud of herself.

We had great programs and bad ones..

Did I just hear that Brian said to Bet that they are making a rule about arms over your head and they're going ot limit them?

What? Then possibly Zhenia's days of dominance are numbered!

Art&Sport

Medalist
I mean why was Tursynbaeva scored so high in the sp in the first place? :confused: Even if she skated clean, she's not very expressive or overall powerful. Plenty of ladies who let the nerves get to them in the sp are much better overall skaters than Tursynbaeva. Mai Mihara is very good and energetic and gets the job done. She seems light of spirit and doesn't let pressure get to her. But I don't think Mihara is overall that special. She's just very competitive, and it's amazing how Mihara came back from the illness. I saw Mihara at Skate America, and she was like a firecracker there, and all smiles. Nice for her success. However, if Mirai had skated clean in the sp, she could have won this. I just think that Mirai needs a transfusion of self-belief. She is soooo talented, but doesn't show enough confidence all the time to just blaze her way through the way her talent would allow her to do.

Last edited: