2017 Four Continents Men SP | Page 98 | Golden Skate

2017 Four Continents Men SP

da96103

Record Breaker
Nathan is skating last. I'm so happy that he seems unfazed by everything because I'm already nervous!

19 Boyang JIN

20 Patrick CHAN

21 Han YAN

22 Shoma UNO

23 Yuzuru HANYU

24 Nathan CHEN

Looks like the other guys would not be shocked by Nathan quads. So skaters 19-23 just do your own stuff.

shyne

Final Flight
How on earth did Shoma's quads not downgraded? I just can't understand it. They dinged so many skaters harshly here, yet Mr Uno is exception. How is that fair?

Shoma pre-rotates his jump a lot. But he has no issue with under-rotation.
Currently, the tech panel only penalizes people for under-rotation.

frida80

Record Breaker
Dead at Nathan skating last, right after Yuzuru :coffee:

After Yuzuru skate it right before Nathan in NHK, Nathan got really nervous and made some mistakes in his free. I hope now that he's learned his program confidently you can stay clean. Because that crowd is going to go insane after Yuzuru.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Props to Grant. I didn't even know who he was during the first half of his career but today I was really taken by his mature interpretation.

gsyzf

Medalist
After Yuzuru skate it right before Nathan in NHK, Nathan got really nervous and made some mistakes in his free. I hope now that he's learned his program confidently you can stay clean. Because that crowd is going to go insane after Yuzuru.

Actually Nathan's NHK LP performance was much better than his TDF performance. That was actually an improvement at that time of the season. I don't expect Nathan to skate a clean LP on Sunday, I just hope he makes no major mistakes since he is in the lead now.

Last edited:

apple123

On the Ice
Shoma pre-rotates his jump a lot. But he has no issue with under-rotation.
Currently, the tech panel only penalizes people for under-rotation.

I'm not talking about pre-rotation. He landed his quads short today which is quite visible. The bad landings should require a review, yet the judges turned blind. If Shoma is any other guy, his TES will drop like crazy. It's just so unfair.

shyne

Final Flight
I'm not talking about pre-rotation. He landed his quads short today which is quite visible. The bad landings should require a review, yet the judges turned blind. If Shoma is any other guy, his TES will drop like crazy. It's just so unfair.

The Quad Toe looks under.
Not sure how to look at his Quad Flip anymore, it always looks like a 3.5F to me.

frida80

Record Breaker
Actually Nathan's NHK LP performance was much better than his TDF performance. That was actually an improvement at that time of the season. I don't expect Nathan to skate a clean LP on Sunday, I just hope he makes no major mistake since he is in the lead now.

It was a lot better than his TDF. I wasn't expecting perfection, so I was happy too see the improvement. I just felt bad for him after Yuzuru did that amazing program in Japan no less. But his consistency is much better now. So I hope he keeps this cool head for the next ... year or so. :p

frida80

Record Breaker

Especially when you think about Nam and his tech score.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow. Nice work Shoma and Nathan. They really are threats for world and oly gold. Hanyu is still in it. But the pcs are ridiculous. I know it is the system in part but Hanyu is killing Chan who is barely ahead of Chen and Shoma. I wonder if Chan will retire this year realizing if he can't jump and land quads he is no match.

gsyzf

Medalist
It was a lot better than his TDF. I wasn't expecting perfection, so I was happy too see the improvement. I just felt bad for him after Yuzuru did that amazing program in Japan no less. But his consistency is much better now. So I hope he keeps this cool head for the next ... year or so. :p

It's his first time to be in the lead at a major senior championship. Tbh, I don't know what to expect for his LP performance on Sunday.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Wow. Nice work Shoma and Nathan. They really are threats for world and oly gold. Hanyu is still in it. But the pcs are ridiculous. I know it is the system in part but Hanyu is killing Chan who is barely ahead of Chen and Shoma. I wonder if Chan will retire this year realizing if he can't jump and land quads he is no match.

He never was the stablest jumper, so I think if he had it in him to hit so many quads he would've done it a long time ago. Daisuke retired because he knew he couldn't compete with the top of the sports, his body wasn't able to do the things he needed to win. I think when Patrick Chan decided to come back he couldn't have known what would happen in the next year. And suddenly all the talks of Plushenko returning for the Olympic Games are gone. If Nathan Chen will be able to skate consistently clean, everyone has a problem. Yuzuru too. PCS can only get you this far. I think it might be a Medvedeva situation where Chen is so far ahead that no one will be able to catch him.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well I've had like false awakenings/dreams of me seeing results that are higher or lower than the actual results before I saw the actual results.....which is normal for me since like the 2015-2016 JGP season, but alrighty.....Kevin, well at least he did better in the SP this 4CC than last year's 4CC so that's always good, and not that bad of a score. I don't expect him to medal at all, but I don't care, I just want him to skate his heart out and him be happy on how he did. I haven't watched his SP video yet, only Nathan Chen's. I've been awake for only like 1.75 hours. Jason...well 80 isn't that bad. He can make it up. Yuzuru, when I saw the results, first I was surprised that he was in 3rd with the high 90's, but then I checked the protocol and when I saw he doubled the 4S, then I was like, "oh okay."

Nathan Chen, now, WOW. OMG. Unless he has a disaster, he should medal. In fact, I'm calling it that he'll medal at Worlds.

I saw the results for Misha Ge and WOW! 8th place after the SP!

And I bet Karne is excited that Brendan is in the top 10 after the SP!

Again I was asleep and not planning to see the stream unless I woke up. Oh boy, my brain must have known cause I was awake at 4 in the morning and tried to go back to sleep. :laugh: Which I did.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Back from lunch and with lots to catch up and performances I missed (including the shimmying Spiderboyang). I did already check the scores and how the rankings ended up so congrats Shoma on being the second person today to join the 100-club! May we see some 200-club FSs on Sunday. I'll be asleep for that, though, so I'll just suffer in my sleep.

Patrick, how could you? Please do a great FS on Sunday. I do really like your music choices this season.

Crazy theory: Yuzuru and Brian realized that bombing the short might be the best strategy since he tends to prefer chasing and comes back kicking from a bad SP more so than the other way around. That's why he's so happy and relaxed! :laugh2: