2017 Four Continents Short Dance | Page 29 | Golden Skate

2017 Four Continents Short Dance

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
honestly, yes. Sinatra and Jay-Z work on so many levels. love V/M's program but the medley is not as cohesive or creative.

I prefer the Prince music cuts. They're so well done. Not jarring at all. I like the Shibs SD, but I don't like all of the Jay Z part. I still think it works though.

bramweld

Record Breaker
In what universe are the Shibs PCS so close to V/M? No offence their fans. But other than that, this comp was judged pretty fairly. Sleepy time :) Congrats V/M!!!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
honestly, yes. Sinatra and Jay-Z work on so many levels. love V/M's program but the medley is not as cohesive or creative.

Yeah. I get that. I guess I just like Prince a lot so they kind of had me happy with the choice.

I do think Jay-Z is way more hiphop than Prince and I love the whole "one song and one song only" part. It was cleaver choice in my opinion.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
well.. costly mistakes for all Canadian teams, especially G/P... but when looking at PCS, it looks like the judges are still liking Weapo... and their free dance is MARVELOUS

Their FD is a pairs' program without jumps or a death spiral. Sorry, I can't sign on to it.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
well.. costly mistakes for all Canadian teams, especially G/P... but when looking at PCS, it looks like the judges are still liking Weapo... and their free dance is MARVELOUS

yes, I have my hopes about magical power of that FD, but Andrew and histwizzles have to have so get together session asap...

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Madison on her toepicks hip-hopping to MC Hammer, it's quite hilarious and I'm always cracking in this very moment

It's a big winning moment in the program.

I still think my favourite moment was the chinese IDer (male) really selling the heck out of single ladies!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yeah. I get that. I guess I just like Prince a lot so they kind of had me happy with the choice.

I do think Jay-Z is way more hiphop than Prince and I love the whole "one song and one song only" part. It was cleaver choice in my opinion.

I dig both programs, personally. Virtue and Moir's no-touch is THE best though. That alone accounts for the gap.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Aww, feel bad for H/D. They're so appealing. It's apparent they've worked hard to make improvements and they put a lot of energy into that performance.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Just realized that WeaPo are 3rd in PCS. Interesting!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
My takeaway:

-Poor Hojung, Piper and Poje :( You guys have the FD to slay :console:
-Virtue/Moir and the Shibs kept me engaged despite of my constant commenting.
-I like Chock/Bates' mess moreso than Hubbell/Donohue's
-the lack of kpop music during KnC segment still bothers me
-W/L and M/G were nice to watch

bwayrose7

On the Ice
A few thoughts:

- Even with the mistakes, V/M's SD is the best of the season. That non-touching step sequence is to die for.
- Thrilled to see the Shibs solidfying their standing as US #1, and hoping this is setting them up to medal again at Worlds. The snark in their music cut is possibly my favorite thing of the season, too :laugh:
- I just can't get behind C/B. They're fast and precise, but something about them never seems to click for me. I feel like they're trying so hard, her especially, that it takes me out of the program.
- H/D's program is still a hot mess, but at least it's an entertaining and well-skated one.
- Disappointed that W/P are lower than expected, but their FD is divine; IMO it's much better than C/B and H/D's, so hoping they can move up at least to 4th, and glad that they haven't fallen completely out of favor.
- I'm not G/P's biggest fan, but such rough luck tonight :(

Last edited:

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Of all nights, just got an announcement from my internet provider that they are going down for maintenance from 12-5 tonight. So I guess I will be getting a good night's sleep and not watching the later groups of the pairs or the ladies. I am bummed.:sad21: But very glad I got to watch dance.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
My takeaway:

-Poor Hojung, Piper and Poje :( You guys have the FD to slay :console:
-Virtue/Moir and the Shibs kept me engaged despite of my constant commenting.
-I like Chock/Bates' mess moreso than Hubbell/Donohue's
-the lack of kpop music during KnC segment still bothers me
-W/L and M/G were nice to watch

same...I just wish Chock/Bates would have more sophisticated, edgy costumes instead of this tacky mess and replace 'Bad to the bone' section with something else...Hubbell/Donohue music cuts are giving me a mini-seizure while watching, and her toepick hip-hop...