2017 Four Continents Short Dance | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2017 Four Continents Short Dance

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
The Americans were superstars and the Canadians all struggled (well V and M were still teh class of the field but weren't perfect for sure). Weapo so sad and worse G and P- kind of disastrous they are so far back. But the Americans were solid. Camp and drama with C and B and Shib sibs were solid as a rock. H and D also impressed me with their style and confidence but I really like WEapo despite their issues.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Of all nights, just got an announcement from my internet provider that they are going down for maintenance from 12-5 tonight. So I guess I will be getting a good night's sleep and not watching the later groups of the pairs or the ladies. I am bummed.:sad21: But very glad I got to watch dance.

McDonald's has free wi-fi. And they may be open late. Or you may be able to get wi-fi in the parking lot.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Their FD is a pairs' program without jumps or a death spiral. Sorry, I can't sign on to it.

i wouldn't go that far... they are maximizing their assets, which is not ladies and gentlemen, Andrew's gorgeous body and face, but their height and strength...with wonderful lifts...

You know, Andrew is about 6'3... everyone complains about his twizzles but he is at a very big disadvantage there, so why shouldn't they optimize what is easier for them, i.e lifts?

bwayrose7

On the Ice
Ah it's my quirky way of saying, The judges are sending them a message.

Of course... Western Union, telegrams... I should know this, my brain is tired :laugh:

It's really frustrating to watch, because they really are excellent and are one of the teams that truly skates together, and it's heartbreaking to see them be the perpetual almosts.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
WePo are in 5th. I fear the judges are Western Unioning them. And it's not good news.

the judges are simply doing their job... remove the twizzle mistake and weapo would be in third place overall.. probably where they belong with the SD

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Ok I am a big fan of Shibsibs but them receiving 9+ for skating skill is not the case. Sorry...and whats taking so long for the protocols?

keasus

On the Ice
Their FD is a pairs' program without jumps or a death spiral. Sorry, I can't sign on to it.

I agree. Look at W/P's tango from 2014. Now that's dancing. Morozov has given them his usual hack choreography full of some nice pairs-like highlights, but very little dancing. W/P deserve better.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
the judges are simply doing their job... remove the twizzle mistake and weapo would be in third place overall.. probably where they belong with the SD

Exactly. I mean, they are lower in TES and they had a technical mistake, while none of the Americans did, and they were higher than both C/B and H/D. I don't really see that as the judges holding them back.

rain

Record Breaker
The Americans were superstars and the Canadians all struggled (well V and M were still teh class of the field but weren't perfect for sure). Weapo so sad and worse G and P- kind of disastrous they are so far back. But the Americans were solid. Camp and drama with C and B and Shib sibs were solid as a rock. H and D also impressed me with their style and confidence but I really like WEapo despite their issues.

Seriously? Virtue and Moir were the superstars of the night by a long shot. If you want to split hairs go ahead, but to try to pretend that they "struggled" is just silly. Now W/P and G/P clearly had unfortunate mistakes.

I'll agree that the Americans were solid, but the Shibs were flat, and C/B and H/D have the worst programs of the season. Superstars? Not quite. But they deserve applause for skating well.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Seriously? Virtue and Moir were the superstars of the night by a long shot. If you want to split hairs go ahead, but to try to pretend that they "struggled" is just silly. Now W/P and G/P clearly had unfortunate mistakes.

I'll agree that the Americans were solid, but the Shibs were flat, and C/B and H/D have the worst programs of the season. Superstars? Not quite. But they deserve applause for skating well.

You keep saying that, but that doesn't make it so.

C/B have one of the *best* programs of the season. IMHO of course. H/D not so bad, considering. And the Canadians, for the most part, hurt themselves with mistakes. Sad, but true.

Ice Diva

On the Ice
Happy the judges are being strict. V/M were incredible - thought their PCS were too low. I continue to love H/D's program - their amazing edges & speed & chemistry. And continue to dislike C/B's grating program - her constant beauty queen grin, his lack of expression. Happy the judges docked appropriately for their mistakes. The Shibs were precise, not much speed, and hate the program's 2nd half music mix. Unlike others, I think W/P's SD is perfect for them & they really have great sweeping edging & speed. Bring on the FD