2017 GP NHK Mens SP | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2017 GP NHK Mens SP

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
85 is just about right for Jason. He got a 90 at Skate Canada. Here, he lost about 2.5 points for doing a 2T, and about .7 points for loss in GOE. Then he did a step-out on the 3A instead of just a three-turn, so another 1 point loss on GOE. And slightly lower GOEs, so all in all, an 85.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
OMG! Jason has nerves:biggrin:(sorry I am drunk. Cheap red Chile wine helps me being so cheap. May be I should drink expensive French or modest German Riesling)

You are so sweet, Jason. Thanks for your message for Yuzuru.

Oh that's what the message was!! What did it say?

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
FWIW, his PCS was higher at Skate Canada....

Well, He's the only real all around talent in this event
But i think when someone can't finish a proper 3A followed by only 3-2 combo the scores are gonna have to reflect that

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I think that Rippon (and i don't like him) deserved more to be in third....

Wow, i cannot believe that Voronov is in first! You go, grandpa!

Yeah I would have given it to Adam. Feel he was sabotaged by the fed to ask him to go back to this program though.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think that Rippon (and i don't like him) deserved more to be in third....

Wow, i cannot believe that Voronov is in first! You go, grandpa!

no, even with mistakes, jason's program was so much more full, had actual choreography, etc. i'm okay with jason's pcs. probably wuldn't have had him so close to bychenko

da96103

Record Breaker
I'm sure Patrick is regretting his decision to WD right about now. The boost of confidence against a weak field is what he needs. And he could have actually made GPF without Yuzu.

Patrick knocking head against poles like in cartoons.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yeah I would have given it to Adam. Feel he was sabotaged by the fed to ask him to go back to this program though.

i feel like he would have been self-sabotaging to skate to his own cover of a rianna song though. the fed chose the lesser of two evils.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
For perspective, Jason, even with all those errors, still managed to rack up 40 TES. His highest TES with that layout is like 48+. The PCS could have arguably been a point or two lower.

He scored similar PCS at Lombardia and that program had even more errors... a fall, UR 4T a major error on the 3A. But I get why people don't agree with the scoring.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
i feel like he would have been self-sabotaging to skate to his own cover of a rianna song though. the fed chose the lesser of two evils.

Yeah totally, he should do Les Mis, POTO, Carmen, Swan lake this year. WHat is he thinking!! (Wait was it Mirai who want to Les mis or Poto this year originally?)

LadyB

Record Breaker
What am I gonna do now with the best part of Friday? Well, I think I'm gonna buy some lottery tickets. Judging by my skaters, this is my lucky day! :party2:

Not sure whether I'll make it for ice dance, it's 3:45am.... but I'll see you sometime tomorrow!

nimi

Medalist
Crap scoring, US federation scoring
I don't really have a problem Jason getting 4 points more than Voronov in PCS (if you think about the complexity of the choreo & transitions, his musicality etc) but Deniss... 2 points less than Voronov and almost 6 points less than Jason... Hmmm...

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
85 is just about right for Jason. He got a 90 at Skate Canada. Here, he lost about 2.5 points for doing a 2T, and about .7 points for loss in GOE. Then he did a step-out on the 3A instead of just a three-turn, so another 1 point loss on GOE. And slightly lower GOEs, so all in all, an 85.

The difference between him and Deniss on the components is not fair.

If you want to reward artistic skater fine, but you should do in the same way.

Deniss is clearly going on the same route of Jason and Adam with a more artistic approach instead of adding quads, but because he is representing Latvia i wonder if he will ever get those high components.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I don't have big a problem Jason getting 4 points more than Voronov in PCS (if you think about complexity of the choreo, transitions etc) but Deniss... 2 points less than Voronov and almost 6 points less than Jason... Hmmm...

Deniss is what Jason woudl be if he was not from the US I guess. :/ Part of it is that he could stand to be more consistent with clean programs. That's annoying, but clean programs day in and day out seems to curry favor from judges.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yeah totally, he should do Les Mis, POTO, Carmen, Swan lake this year. WHat is he thinking!! (Wait was it Mirai who want to Les mis or Poto this year originally?)

Oh come on. Have you ever heard of rippon having vocal coaching? The idea of him skating to his own singing would have been a hot mess. Besides, we don't know the USFS ordered him to go back to this. maybe they just said "different program?" and he chose to go back.

- - - Updated - - -

protocols as always tell the story - and jason does everything with such high quality that he racks up the points.