2017 JGP Austria Ladies FS | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Austria Ladies FS

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
It's not Muse.
Girl really knows how to bring drama though. I mean... that's a personality! Hail off to the choreographer. Like yes it's big for little girl but she can handle it. And it's just the beginning of the season.

The bold!
Seriously, hats off to Daniil for both programs, he hit it out of the park! She can handle it but he got her just right. Great work.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can the new Nastya go by Nas2ya so I can be certain who were talking about :laugh:

Tulipstar

Medalist
Nastya so sweet, asking the other two to join her.

Mako looked a bit insecure about how to hold her medal, so precious:hap10:

Tulipstar

Medalist
The bold!
Seriously, hats off to Daniil for both programs, he hit it out of the park! She can handle it but he got her just right. Great work.

Exactly. And I like how he is with the youngsters; friendly and supportive.
They all clearly trust and like him a lot.

tars

Record Breaker
According to judges, Trusova was 1 point better than Tarakanova. No further comments. :rolleye:

Great job Eunsoo! She's progressing with every competition! Future Korean dominator! :clap:

luckyguy

Match Penalty
Lim is so different in comparison to the other girls (Tarakanova, Yamashita, Gubanova). She is fascinating, but so cold. I always felt the same when I saw Kim Yu-Na.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
nothing against Mako but I do think we should not allow music where popera singers (like Sarah Brightman) singing opera. it's DISGUSTING!!!

It's like scratching nails on a chalkboard! :bang:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
"Duchess" Tarakanova - yes, she is not Tarankova as some people write here - was way above everybody in this competition. Such a blast of pure energy and fierceness! Just wow! Yes, a bit rough if you compare her with Gubanova but she only begins. Zagitova's first JGP skating was rough as well. Trusova vs. Tarakanova - that's how this JGP looks so far. Let's wait for Rika Kihira and the rest of the Russian squad.

Eusoon deserves silver with a big margin. She has improved a lot since the last year. But the point I made after SP holds - to be competitve with Eteri wonder girls one should bring 3As/quads or produce much more footwork than they used to produce just several years ago. Also she lost the speed in the second half and I started to lose interest while I watched Anastasia holding me breath so that the time of the program flew like it were just a moment.

Gubanova, sigh. She changed visibly - one cannot deny it. Let's see if she can overcome puberty which hit her that early. I am sure she will be able to.

Star Andrews had again a creative dress. But her FS skating was much weaker than it was yesterday. May be next time.

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaPTCOtEC7o

Anastasia TARAKANOVA RUS - Salzburg - Ladies Free Skate

Tarakanova's free program score was 130.00 and the total program score was 196.96. Alexandra Trusova's total score was in the same rage in Brisbane but I was more impressed with Tarakanova's dynamic performance, which reminded me of Plushenko's younger days.

tjb

Match Penalty
aliev won jgp final last year, after placing 4th and 1st at his jgp events. altough he was 4th at his second assigment, but i'm still hoping that may be not everything is lost for gubanova. may be federation gonna be kind enough and anastasia gets her 2nd spot

Tulipstar

Medalist
aliev won jgp final last year, after placing 4th and 1st at his jgp events. altough he was 4th at his second assigment, but i'm still hoping that may be not everything is lost for gubanova. may be federation gonna be kind enough and anastasia gets her 2nd spot

I hope she can redeem herself.

Earlier this week, I would never have thought her continuing at the JGP would hang in the balance.

tinnychan

On the Ice

Sofia SAMODUROVA earned 4th with 180 point last season and she don't get her second assignment.
I like gubanova but I hope no special arrangement for her... Please let other girl earn the JGP chance.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Tarakanova may not be the most elegant skater (yet, she is only 13) but there was a real fierceness and attack to her free. It really suited the power of the music, full of power and athleticism. I much preferred her to Trusova last week. She also looks a bit taller than a lot of the Russian girls.

I wasn't overly impressed with Kim. I expected a lot after all the hype but I thought her style was a bit cold for a tango, very clinical. I liked the first piece of music but I didn't think she done anything with it either. Yamashita had very nice jumps but I think the choice of Madame Butterfly was too mature for her. I kept thinking of Mao's version which is probably a big ask to compete with.

Gubanova didn't have a great skate but she did pull up. Even with the falls it was still a compelling watch, she really captures the music, connects with it and draw in the audience. I am a bit surprised that she was ranked 4th in PCS, I though she was better than the Top 3 in that regard. Sadly we won't see her at a second JGP but such is the standard in Russia😢