2017 Jr Worlds Ladies SP | Page 50 | Golden Skate

2017 Jr Worlds Ladies SP

euroskate

Final Flight
Tsurskaya 3Lz was ok the rest < where definitely there. ist just a shame. so big jumps but the delayed Rotation is really hurting her when she is not on top of her game

begin

Medalist
I have slow mo'ed the slow mo and the 3Lz didn't look UR to me, somewhat less than 1/4.

Sry, I meant it looked cleaner under slowmo. In real time it looked like she swung her blade to cheat the rotation but I think that's just her technique doing her no favors :(

atsumiri

Record Breaker
I think Kaori deserved every single point she got, she was just awesome.

Still can't get how can Marin not be full 2 pts ahead of Alina in PCS, someone will post isu criterias again. I am perfectly aware what is written there, moreover I don't disagree that Zagitova has difficult transitions and one foot multi directional skating but there should be something about quality of execution too, Boyang gets dumped this year in PCS because he does them quite a lot but with poor quality .. but I guess you should be Russian to score like this :palmf:
I guess you should be Japanese for judges don't call your UR's.....

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Difficulty and variety are also important. And Zagitova's movements could be better, but they are hardly low quality.
That's exactly my point. But she's still unrefined but less sloppy than at Russian Nationals. She's trying to get those limbs straight now. Next step is to hold some of those positions for at least a fraction of a second. So I think that she is improving.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
At work now, so didnt watch the competition, but crestfallen for Polina:( Her short program is the best among ALL ladies this year, imo

euroskate

Final Flight
marin was the only one to receive 8 in components but unfortunately the do not Count because highest and lowest marks fall out. so basically the same marks like zagitova counted and thats wy they received almost same marks

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I just watched the last group and didn't watch Alina. But i remember her free program is backloaded like crazy and she beat Evgenia at Rus Nat on TES so is it realistic to say no girl will beat her if she makes no mistakes? Looks like the biggest threat for Evgenia is coming from her own team.

That said I loved Kaori Sakamoto in the last group. that girl has speed and power, she was amazing. Marin, of course, makes one smile, she simply has the it-factor. I'm happy for the japanese that they have awesome girls coming up the ranks. I don't follow juniors and it's always about Polina Tsurskaya, how brilliant she is....but even without the mistakes that program is dull. She doesn't interpret, the program is same old from her team and in body type she looks like Sotskova to me. So I don't see the specialness in her. I think she will have it hard because of those who are already in seniors and the fact that Alina Zagitova seems to be the new russian it-girl. There are only three spots after all.

Kutien

Final Flight
SP
1Alina ZAGITOVARUS70.581video
2Marin HONDAJPN68.352video
3Kaori SAKAMOTOJPN67.783video
4Eunsoo LIM KOR64.784video
5Yuna SHIRAIWA JPN62.965video
6Stanislava KONSTANTINOVARUS58.906video
7Bradie TENNELLUSA57.477video
8Yi Christy LEUNGHKG56.018Q
9Starr ANDREWSUSA55.839Q
10Viveca LINDFORS FIN55.5010video
11Polina TSURSKAYA RUS54.3011video
12Xiangning LICHN54.2412video
13Lea Johanna DASTICH GER53.9513video
14Elisabetta LECCARDI ITA52.6214Q
15Anita OSTLUND SWE52.1815video
16Kristen SPOURSGBR49.8316video
17So Hyun ANKOR49.7517video
18Amy LINTPE49.5918video
19Sarah TAMURACAN49.5719video
20Holly HARRIS AUS48.2420Q
21Michaela-Lucie HANZLIKOVA CZE48.1021video
22Guzide Irmak BAYIR TUR45.4022Q
23Valentina MATOS ESP45.4023video
24Andrea MONTESINOS CANTUMEX44.6624video
25Alexandra FEIGINBUL44.4525
26Anastasia GOZHVA UKR44.2126
27Paige CONNERSISR43.4527
28Kristina SHKULETA-GROMOVA EST42.7028
29Yoonmi LEHMANN SUI41.9729
30Diana NIKITINA LAT39.3930video
31Aiza MAMBEKOVAKAZ39.3831video
32Fruzsina MEDGYESIHUN39.1532
33Amanda STAN ROU38.2933
34Chloe INGSGP38.2234video
35Julie FROETSCHER FRA38.2035video
36Morgan FLOOD AZE36.4736
37Hanna PAROSHYNA BLR36.4437
38Elzbieta KROPA LTU35.1438
39Hana CVIJANOVICCRO34.2239
40Alisa STOMAKHINA AUT32.9540
41Daria JAKAB HUN32.3441
42Alexandra HAGAROVASVK32.2642
43Juni Marie BENJAMINSEN NOR31.8343
44Nina POLSAK SLO29.9544

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That's exactly my point. But she's still unrefined but less sloppy than at Russian Nationals. She's trying to get those limbs straight now. Next step is to hold some of those positions for at least a fraction of a second. So I think that she is improving.

She tends to hold out positions noticeably less in the FS so I'll be curious if you'll still say this after the long :devil:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
How come they didn't publish the judges panel this time? That'd would be no difference from anonymous judging?

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Note to all ladies, train for half way bonus, delay your jump for a few seconds for half way bonus makes all the difference. Preferably with silly mime movements to time kill these extra seconds.

THE PCS indifference between the top 3 is rather bizarre.... Marin made me smile.. and that is super rare in the sport these days.

Last edited:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
She tends to hold out positions noticeably less in the FS so I'll be curious if you'll still say this after the long :devil:
I'm curious as well. I like her SP better than her FS anyway. Ballet isn't for everyone. She probably wants to be a ballet type skater. I think more energetic programs would suit her better at this point in her career. But it's all about personal development of course, if she wants to be that type of skater she has to go for it.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
They did for the other disciplines.

It would be hilarious (and unfair) if it is 100% European judges panel again like they had 2 years in a row for Senior Ladies WC, or 80% European judges with the odd N.American / Asia judges thrown in for good measure.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Kaori had UR? :laugh::laugh2:
Okay.......... :bed:
yes.
And btw Honda didn't get an UR for her 3T which looked as much as UR as Polina's 3Lo......

For one who complains about Alina's PCS score..... judges reduced about 0.7 points from what it was at the GP final .......
and !surprise! increased hugely the PCS score of all japanese ladies......
Marin got more in PCS that what she had ever!!
same for Sakamoto who got 1.5 points more in PCS than what she had ever got before.

looks like the judges are going to push hard for a Japanese to win....... even with unfair UR's calls....

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
yes.
And btw Honda didn't get an UR for her 3T which looked as much as UR as Polina's 3Lo......

For one who complains about Alina's PCS score..... judges reduced about 0.7 points from what it was at the GP final .......
and !surprise! increased hugely the PCS score of all japanese ladies......
Marin got more in PCS that what she had ever!!
same for Sakamoto who got 1.5 points more in PCS than what she had ever got before.

looks like the judges are going to push hard for a Japanese to win....... even with unfair UR's calls....

https://twitter.com/QuadAxel3Toe/sta...67440609857538 it's full as daylight in real time in case someone doesn't have some eyesight problems .. and they increased her PCS she was way better here than ever.. and when you post some criterias and isu handbooks for me you should be perfectly aware that you can't compare different panel scores in cop system- this is re Alina's score