2017 Jr Worlds Mens FS | Page 32 | Golden Skate

2017 Jr Worlds Mens FS

da96103

Record Breaker
No that's not comparable. Yuna was Sotnikova'd/Lipinski'd in epic fashion. Cha was just an unfortunate casualty to the inexplicable benefits of SWR.

I say all this with a lot of love for Russian skaters themselves (Aliev<3). And on a more positive note--YES @ Vincent! Loved him since he was a novice bby who could barely triple and now he's quad-ing his way to titles! US men be kicking a** and taking names this season :D

Pardon me what is SWR? Street Wise Russians?

randomfan

Record Breaker
So what happens to Jun Hwan's chances of going to the senior GP? :cry: I was hoping for podium here because the rules say that the podium finishers at Junior Worlds and the JGPF Champion are considered in the selection process. Since Jun Hwan trains in Canada, hopefully he gets invited to Skate Canada...:slink:

Sackie

Medalist
Nadeau didn't do himself any favours here! Yes he had a great short but dropping so low will not place him well for next season since he will have to more up to SRs. And where he was out of the JGP events he does not have anything else to fall back on.

breadstal

Record Breaker
Cha was scored correctly. He is a capable skater, but I personally find his skating unappealing. And get a haircut already...

Alright. Because his skating is unappealing for you and because of his haircut, he was scored correctly? :laugh:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
So what happens to Jun Hwan's chances of going to the senior GP? :cry: I was hoping for podium here because the rules say that the podium finishers at Junior Worlds and the JGPF Champion are considered in the selection process. Since Jun Hwan trains in Canada, hopefully he gets invited to Skate Canada...:slink:

i am not worried about his assignments, Elizabet had 2 GPs right after she turned senior, and she didnt even make the JGPF or medal there :agree:

Last edited:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Congrats to Vincent!!! :clap: Epic freeskate, and one of the best this season, junior or senior.

It's also like he read the transitions complaints aimed towards Nathan and Boyang, and literally incorporated a different transition every other moment. I'm watching it and am like - "Oh, there's a loop at the start. Oh, and there's the choctaw. Oh, and there's the rocker. Oh and a bracket. Oh, and a counter. Not the deepest spread eagle, but there it is too!" :laugh:

I do NOT envy USFS. Brown's a much better skater overall, but you can't argue with Zhou immensely superior technical ability. 104 TES and that's without the ChSp (another 4 points). Zhou skates his first half of his FS like a SP (4Z, 4S+3T, 3A), and then skates his FS like that, he would be top 6 easily. Brown's gonna need some Skate America-level skating to ensure 3 spots for the US.... although Chen placing on the podium would make it pretty much a guarantee.

mcq

Record Breaker

I would assume 240 is enough to get him into the top 24 season best? That would guarantee at least 1 GP spot. The extra one spot could be given to him from other Feds. There are more blah skaters in the GP event who has PB even lower than him so I would expect he could get 2 spots?

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I watched a few skaters and I could summarize that I was impressed with Aliev. His choreography is so beautiful, transitions are exquisite and wonderful expression for a 17yo boy. His entrance in the 3L is crazy. I admired him for keeping all the eggs in the basket, after that monstrous score from Vincent. BTW, gorgeous 4Lz still the program is quite empty. But the kid is only 16...Congratulation to all the boys!

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I would assume 240 is enough to get him into the top 24 season best? That would guarantee at least 1 GP spot. The extra one spot could be given to him from other Feds. There are more blah skaters in the GP event who has PB even lower than him so I would expect he could get 2 spots?

How does that 24 season best work, for GP assignments? Is it by ISU Season's ranking or by top 24 total score of the season?

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Oh my God I just realised Daniel had a small silver medal for his FS (is there one for JW though?). He is the comeback king now!

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker

He has one GP spot already guaranteed I'd say, as for second GP, I am almost sure SC or NHK will give him one :)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bummed I couldn't watch the whole FP like last year due to time zones, but yeah I was able to watch some of the last group. The last 4 to be exact. And the results. WOW!

mcq

Record Breaker
How does that 24 season best work, for GP assignments? Is it by ISU Season's ranking or by top 24 total score of the season?

Both. Top 1-12 at worlds will have guaranteed 2 spots each. 1-6 will be seeded. And then you have comeback skaters.

After that the remaining spots would be given to top 24 season's best and top 24 world standing (that is not yet assigned), each getting 1 spot each. Since usually top 1-12 at worlds are also usually also in the top season best and world standing, there are actually a lot of space available for those in the standing/ranking for 2nd spot.
After that mdalist from JWC and gold medalist from JGPF will be the next in line.
Then you have home skaters guaranteed 3 spot for each event
Math, math, math. He should get at least 1 I think. Likely he will get 2 because politics of KSU and Brian would be strong :biggrin:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Both. Top 1-12 at worlds will have guaranteed 2 spots each. 1-6 will be seeded. And then you have comeback skaters.

After that the remaining spots would be given to top 24 season's best and top 24 world standing (that is not yet assigned), each getting 1 spot each. Since usually top 1-12 at worlds are also usually also in the top season best and world standing, there are actually a lot of space available for those in the standing/ranking for 2nd spot.
After that mdalist from JWC and gold medalist from JGPF will be the next in line.
Then you have home skaters guaranteed 3 spot for each event
Math, math, math. He should get at least 1 I think. Likely he will get 2 because politics of KSU and Brian would be strong :biggrin:

I was asking because the World Rankings/Season Rankings seem to have been updated with the JWC results already and Jun Hwan Cha isn't anywhere near 24 (he's 55 in World Ranking and 27 in Season's Ranking) and the juniors won't have any more chances to increase their points, I don't think.

World Rankings
Season Rankings