2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Men FS | Page 37 | Golden Skate

2017 U.S. Nationals Championship Men FS

skatespin

On the Ice
I really think Jason should be sent to senior world's given all the factors.

Also, dang if Jason can skate like that with an injury and in so much pain, he will be super dependable once he is better. Hopefully he can bring his quad back in time for world's if he is named. Vincent doesn't have senior experience, really needs to compete at junior world's as well, which will tire him out and conflict with him getting his required TES, also his component score potential is extremely limited.

Jason is the type of guy who will skate a clean, beautiful program at world's when multiple other good men are having nervous splat fests. If he had been at world's last year the US men may have had 3 spots this time around.

jimini

On the Ice
So just for some perspective:

Bavarian Open is Feb. 14-19
Jr. Worlds is March 13-19
Worlds is March March 29-April 2

Basically Vincent Zhou would be doing 3 competitions in a 1.5 months. That is a lot.
If selected for both Sr. Worlds and Worlds, I would imagine if he gets the minimum at the Bavarian Open, he would withdraw from Junior Worlds.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Congratulations to all the winners! Also special shout-outs to Alexander Johnson, Sean Rabbitt, and Jordan Moeller, whose programs I really enjoyed!

I'd add Ross miner to the list.

Plisskin

Medalist
Count me in the camp that also liked NBC's element counter box. I actually wouldn't mind if ISU adopted this for Worlds and the GP series.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
I'd add Ross miner to the list.

For me Ross and Alexander had that X factor tonight. Obviously Nathan was the star but Ross and Alex gave me that classic Nationals warm and fuzzy feeling. :luv17:

begin

Medalist
The replay of Nathan's FS on jsports is hilarious. I've never heard the japanese commentators sputter so much lol

bobbob

Medalist
So just for some perspective:

Bavarian Open is Feb. 14-19
Jr. Worlds is March 13-19
Worlds is March March 29-April 2

Basically Vincent Zhou would be doing 3 competitions in a 1.5 months. That is a lot.

Grand prix series + CS events? Of course its a lot but not unheard of. Some skaters skate their best under these circumstances, some do not.

Rissa

Record Breaker
Count me in the camp that also liked NBC's element counter box. I actually wouldn't mind if ISU adopted this for Worlds and the GP series.

Was it NBC's? I watched on Japanese TV stream and they also showed it.

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I see Jason Brown's PR rep out in full force. :disagree:

He can skip everything but the Worlds, if he wishes.

Vincent can't skip everything but Worlds. He need Senior minimum TES. He HAS to go to Bavarian open if he wants to go to Worlds.

He COULD skip Junior Worlds. But not Bavarian Open.

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Nathan Chen1 1 318.47 video
2 Vincent Zhou 3 2 263.03
3 Jason Brown4 3 254.23 video
4 Grant Hochstein 5 4 248.31 video
5 Ross Miner 2 8 240.34 video
6 Alexander Johnson 9 5 233.39 video
7 Timothy Dolensky 6 9 228.76
8 Sean Rabbitt 11 7 228.02
9 Max Aaron 12 6 227.80
10 Jordan Moeller 8 10 225.85
11 Andrew Torgashev 7 11 225.35 video
12 Kevin Shum 14 12 205.69

US2017 Nathan Chen interview

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Grand prix series + CS events? Of course its a lot but not unheard of. Some skaters skate their best under these circumstances, some do not.

Bavarian Open he needs it for his minimum TES. Actually if he goes to worlds (and goes to the senior B), he needs to skip Jr. Worlds ---Then Andrew, Alexei and Tomoki can go.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
LOL at Nathan's PCS. Of course some inflation is expected, but come on...he didn't need that kind of ridiculous padding to win by a huge margin. Can't they be a little less obvious about their politicking?