2017 World Ladies SP | Page 99 | Golden Skate

2017 World Ladies SP

glorybox6

Final Flight
Who would have predicted a final group for the LP without any Japanese women? :shocked:

Tough day for Japan, excellent day for Canada, U.S. weathered the storm and Russia seemed somewhat underscored..

andromache

Record Breaker
I'm interested to see Anna's protocol and why her TES was low. Underrotation on the -3T or lost spin points?

Top 7 are all in medal contention, especially with Gabby and Kaetlyn in the top 3, since both are better SP skaters than LP skaters.

Evgenia isn't THAT much better than the rest of the field that she should be untouchable, but there we are.

da96103

Record Breaker
Daleman will have an advantage over Kaetlyn.
Kaetlyn has only SP-size stamina, Daleman has FS-size.

frida80

Record Breaker
This is a warning. FujiTV will block all YouTube videos in a few hours. I strongly suggest you download them immediately before they take them down.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Couldn't watch it, but why is my Anna fourth? Why is the third spot for Japan as good as gone? What is this? *goessobbingintoacorner* Stupid Worlds.

Daniel1998

Final Flight
Anna's lack of polish on her landings and spins caught up with her, I think. Still seems a tad underscored, but is rightfully behind the top 2.

da96103

Record Breaker
For fun, 2018 Olympic and Worlds spots if the SP standings were the final standings:

3 spots

Russia (1 + 4 = 5)
Canada (2 + 3 = 5)
USA (5 + 7 = 12)

2 spots

Italy (8, only skater)
Japan (9 + 12 = 21)
Kazakhstan (10, only skater)

Olympic Spots (24 determined here out of 30 total, remaining 6 at Nebelhorn)

(1) Russia
(2) Russia
(3) Russia
(4) Canada
(5) Canada
(6) Canada
(7) USA
(8) USA
(9) USA
(10) Italy
(11) Italy
(12) Japan
(13) Japan
(14) Kazakhstan
(15) Kazakhstan
(16) China
(17) South Korea
(18) Hungary
(19) Belgium
(20) Slovakia
(21) Australia
(22) Latvia
(23) France
(24) Armenia

China can't get two?

valerieally

On the Ice
Very interesting and moderate scoring, with the exception of a few e.g. Kostner, maybe Sotskova.

This is a very agonising group, because the scores are so close! Someone like Mihara could end up on the podium if she skates clean, and others meltdown, which, some of the top tend to in the free.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow. Karen Chen America's new darling. I think she is in the final group and USA is looking good for three ladies but Japan:( Who would have thought the Canadians would be sitting in second and third though both could fall down a lot still. The judging isn't crazy that's for sure. I would have had both Canadians and Li higher in scores. I think Caro was gifted. I give Evgenia credit she came through as usual. And Anna though not perfect has that maturity. Ashley is still in striking distances but isn't in the final group (for a medal). And who knows ditto for Kostner - I was worried and deservedly so that she might not make top 12.

leafygreens

Final Flight
Never thought I'd see two Canadians in the top three. Congrats ladies.

Ashley is where I expected. This year is just too competitive for her.