2017 Worlds Men's SP | Page 93 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Men's SP

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I almost expect Nathan to pull out six quads for the LP if he can do it. I think just like he was nervous in the SP at the GPF but relaxed in the LP he will come out and attack.

Oh, he will do the 6-quads. I have no doubt about it, especially with the difference in points to Javi and Shoma.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
And judges have upped their PCS inflation!!

Yes and no. Definitely overall and with some skaters ie Chen but really Chan rarely skates so well and he is behind pcs Fernandez??? Even if he was ahead there is no room in this scoring sy stem and with the current judging to differentiate the truly great pc skaters.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Ok...in what world does Chen deserve 43.11 PCS and Deniss Vasiljevs only 37.68? :disapp: And don't tell me it's because Deniss has no quad when Jason got 45.10 :dev2:

Marius

Art on Ice
Final Flight
Protocols:
Fernandez's 3A. +3,00
Shoma's 3A: +2,29
Yuzuru's 3A: +2,71
What the hell, judges?
I agree about the final results but some GOEs are not understandable

zschultz1986

Final Flight
It's funny reading all these crap posts about Jason. Keep dragging him, he'll just keep executing amazing, intricate programs with great skating skills and great interpretation. People on this board are garbage at realizing the strengths of Jason, because he doesn't have a quad in his program.

He is obviously healthy here, as you can see. Lets see what happens when the pressure is on Boyang and Kolyada in the free. My money is on Jason skating lights out and moving up at least one spot.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
I'm so sad for Yuzuru :cry: but I'm also happy Javi and Chan are at the top, uncles killing it!!

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
I almost expect Nathan to pull out six quads for the LP if he can do it. I think just like he was nervous in the SP at the GPF but relaxed in the LP he will come out and attack.

That might be true. The pressure will be less with lowered expectations. Nathan can just go for it but I do think he will need mistakes from those ahead of him. I would love him to medal but I'm not expecting it.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Quadless American almost better than kolyada. Kolyada needs to move North America for good pcs
I hear you. But really Chan gets cheated in this scoring system, Chen gets gifted and Hanyu despite all the issues is in really good shape to medal or even win still.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Chen had a fall, so he lost ~4 points.

True. In fact, I would say he lost 6. The 3 from the -3 GOE. 1 for the mandatory deduction. And the 1 point he would have gotten if he had landed the 3A from the spread eagle. And 1 loose point from PCS for lower performance.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Guys, you do realise that if Javier skates a clean programm, no matter the number of quad the others put out, he will win ? THREEPEAT ?

da96103

Record Breaker
Javi's 3A has the highest GOE of +3.00, all judges gave 3 except judge no 9 gave 2.
Javi's 4T+3T and 4S both get +2.86
Yuzu's 3A gets 2.71

Patrick's 4T+3T gets 2.43
Yuzu's 4Lo gets 2.43

Shoma's 3A gets 2.29

Patrick and Jason's 3A both get 2.00
Boyang's 4Lz+3T gets 2.00

Others are all below 2.00.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
yep
I was afraid (like TAT) that they would put Jason above him :laugh:

I do like the skater, he does have great artistic qualities and i've never complained his components but his TES is ALWAYS a joke.

48 for that technical content is a big mistake from the judges, he doesn't even have the best jumping technique in the world to justify that: Kolyada's 3A and 3Ltz are waaay better than Jason 3A and 3Ltz.

zschultz1986

Final Flight
I hear you. But really Chan gets cheated in this scoring system, Chen gets gifted and Hanyu despite all the issues is in really good shape to medal or even win still.

He's talking about Jason, not Chen. Gmyers has been a Jason hater from the off. Stay uninformed, gmyers.

luckyguy

Match Penalty
I would like to know, what think the guys who showed a good quad (Bychenko, Kerry, Kvitelashvili) abot the score for Brown.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Yes, okay okay, I guess he's okay where he is. :) Four/five points behind Chen and Hanyu when both of them were off their game seems a bit strange to me, but Kolyada can still make a run for it in the FS.
But I disagree about his skating quality. He is so special.

It was still a great performance - I'm not a fan of the program, but he sells it and his 3Z was textbook. But Chen and Hanyu each had a quad more than him (Hanyu had a 4L 4S, and Chen had a 4Z 4F 3A to Kolyada's 4T 3Z 3A). Hanyu gave up the value of a quad with the botched combo but his skating ability is far greater than Kolyada. 93 is still awesome for him, and I'm proud of him (and Kovtun!) for having pretty solid outings for the Russian men.