2018 Europeans Ladies SP | Page 54 | Golden Skate

2018 Europeans Ladies SP

SimplyLex

On the Ice
I only now realise Kostner did a 3F-3T here

So yeah, She wuzrobbed

Could've been first even

Seriously. Her PCS should be like 2-3 points higher than the others'. And she's only that significantly weaker TES wise because Alina backloads her program.
I mean, she probably doesn't stand a chance against them in FS, would've been nice and not undeserved if she at least got the small gold medal. She definitely had the performance of the day.

Purv

Match Penalty
I have perfect solution - stop watching fs knowing you will hate scoring. I abandoned gymnastics for this reason and I live happy life free of hate

I wont stop watching it bacause of bad scoring because I love figure skating

Kittosuni

Medalist
No one really has ever challenged Medvedeva until Zagitova showed up.

Now that she finally beat her in the SP, its going to be interesting how Medvedeveda responds with the pressure and reality that she is beatable now and needs to skate clean to win. FS is going to be exciting!

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Seriously. Her PCS should be like 2-3 points higher than the others'. And she's only that significantly weaker TES wise because Alina backloads her program.
I mean, she probably doesn't stand a chance against them in FS, would've been nice and not undeserved if she at least got the small gold medal. She definitely had the performance of the day.

Well, It's in Russia, And this is their Flag event at the moment...

:disapp:

Purv

Match Penalty
Argue about the scoring all you want, but please have respect for other users.

IF they show respect to skater who DESERVED the score and he bash the skater only because he doesnt like the socre or event doesnt know what she jumped i will also

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
OMG the first girl who didn’t qualify for the free skate ? The one in 25th place? She was exactly 0.01 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) away from 24th place and qualifying for the free skate.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What is this conflict of interest? Orser had both Yuzu and Javi. Is there something more between Alina and Zhenya than just being teammates?

The conflict of interest is that the coach is advising a skater who may need advice on how to beat another skater who the same coach also is advising. The length of time that Orser has been advising both Hanyu and Fernandez indicates that both have waived the conflict. They are mature and experienced skaters who may need technical advice but not advice on how to beat each other.

ivanja

On the Ice
Country
Croatia
This backloading is ridiculous. Russians performed jumps one after the other and yet they got big bonuses for "Credit for highlight distribution".

Who is crazy here? Someone needs to explain to ISU what distribution means.

ejnsofi

Final Flight
I wont stop watching it bacause of bad scoring because I love figure skating

You show this love in a very weird way writing hateful posts full of disrespect towards skaters. If you miss old times I have bad news for you: they're not coming back.

schizoanalyst

Medalist
Judges are now having pizza, spaghetti and tiramisu that has been cooking under the table.

I've never understood this argument for Caro. The Italian federation is not a particularly strong federation. You can critique the scoring, but the idea that such a weak federation is using their influence to push her seems implausible to me.

alvina9894

Final Flight
Alina is like a little razor blade, slicing and dicing across the ice. Absolutely clean as expected.

Evgenia looked scared like she knew she could be beaten. Silly error on the 2A. She has lost the consistency reputation. Always places too high IMO.

I prefer watching Caro over all others. A true artist and ballerina on ice. I would love to see her place 2nd. She should have designed her program with all jumps at the end to be a contender for #1.
More like a blunted saw actually. I reckon razor blades have better edge quality and speed.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
This backloading is ridiculous. Russians performed jumps one after the other and yet they got big bonuses for "Credit for highlight distribution".

After watching Russian nationals I realized that some skaters backloading are so obvious. And then some are so good that you don't even notice it. But it's so rare that the distribution is okay...

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No one really has ever challenged Medvedeva until Zagitova showed up.

Now that she finally beat her in the SP, its going to be interesting how Medvedeveda responds with the pressure and reality that she is beatable now and needs to skate clean to win. FS is going to be exciting!

Gracie Gold beat Med in the short program at 2016 Worlds. Med went on to win after Gracie made mistakes.

ETA: I believe Gracie also beat Med in the LP at Skate America in 2015. Sad that Gracie never reached her potential.

alvina9894

Final Flight

They mean distribution in the last minute of the program

skatenewbie

Medalist

only 2/39 skaters that put 3 jumps in bonus time... its not like everyone doing it lol