Taipei Arena
No. 2, Section 4, Nanjing East Road, Songshan District,
Taipei City, Taiwan 105
+886 2 2578 3536
Taipei City /TPE

PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM
Wednesday, January 24, 2018, 12:40

Time in other places
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...6&p7=352&p8=101&p9=31&p10=136&p11=286&p12=256

Start Order
Pairs Short Program

Entries

No.NameNation
1Ekaterina ALEXANDROVSKAYA / Harley WINDSOR
SP: Paint It Black performed by Hidden Citizen; choreo by I. Tchiniaev
FS: Tango in the Park (from "The Mask" soundtrack) by Randy Edelman, The Business of Love (from "The Mask" soundtrack) by Domino, You Would Be My Baby (from "The Mask" soundtrack) by Vanessa Williams, Hey Pachuco (from "The Mask" soundtrack) by Straight Up; choreo by Irina Zhuk
AUS
2Lubov ILYUSCHECHKINA / Dylan MOSCOVITCH
SP2: Tango Jalousie; choreo by David Wilson and Marie-France Dubreuil
FS: At This Moment performed by Billy Vera & The Beaters; choreo by David Wilson and Sandra Bezic
CAN
3Sydney KOLODZIEJ / Maxime DESCHAMPS
SP: Satellite by Colin James; Surely (I Love You) by James C. Bracken, Mickey Oliver performed by Colin James and the Little Big Band, choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS: Opening (from "Far from the Madding Crowd") by Craig Armstrong; Love Theme (from "Far from the Madding Crowd") by Craig Armstrong; End Credits (from "Far from the Madding Crowd") by Craig Armstrong, choreo by Julie Marcotte
CAN
4Camille RUEST / Drew WOLFE
SP: Oblivion (J'Oublie) performed by Marisa Lemcke; choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS: Earth Song by Michael Jackson, Home by Armand Armar; choreo by Julie Marcotte
CAN
WDCheng PENG / Yang JIN
SP: "Assassin's Tango" (from "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" soundtrack) by John Powell; choreo by Lori Nichol
FS: "The Butterfly Lovers' Violin Concerto" by He Zhanhao, Chen Gang; choreo by Lori Nichol
CHN
WDWenjing SUI / Cong HAN
SP: "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen, K.D. Lang; choreo by Lori Nichol
FS: "Violin Fantasy on Puccini's Turandot" by Vanessa-Mae,
"Nessun Dorma," from "Turandot" by Giacomo Puccini, performed by Luciano Pavarotti; choreo by Lori Nichol
CHN
5Tae Ok RYOM / Ju Sik KIM
SP: "A Day in the Life" by Paul McCartney, John Lennon, performed by Jeff Beck (reprise of 2016-17 SP); choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS: "Je ne suis qu'une chanson" by Diane Justler, performed by Ginette Reno; choreo by Julie Marcotte
PRK
6Riku MIURA / Shoya ICHIHASHI
SP: Miss Saigon by Claude-Michel Schoenberg; choreo by Julie Marcotte, Valerie Saurette
FS: Warsaw Concerto by Richard Addinsel; choreo by Julie Marcotte, Valerie Saurette
JPN
7Miu SUZAKI / Ryuichi KIHARA
SP: Yuri on Ice soundtrack by Taro Umebayashi; choreo by Yuka Sato, Pasquale Camerlengo
FS: Romeo & Juliet soundtrack by Nino Rota; choreo by Yuka Sato, Pasquale Camerlengo
JPN
WDNarumi TAKAHASHI / Ryo SHIBATA
SP: A Moment To Remember by Kim Thae Won; choreo by Marina Zueva, Massimo Scali
FS: Cinema Paradiso (soundtrack) by Ennio Morricone; choreo by Marina Zueva, Massimo Scali
JPN
8Kyueun KIM / Alex Kang Chan KAM
SP: Historia de un Amor, Mambo No.8; choreo by Drew Meekins, Valerie Saurette
FS: Man of La Mancha soundtrack, including "The Impossible Dream; choreo by Drew Meekins, Valerie Saurette
KOR
9Ashley CAIN / Timothy LEDUC
SP: I’ll Take Care of You” as covered by Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa; choreo by Serge Onik and Cordero Zuckerman
FS: Bang Bang (from "The Great Gatsby" soundtrack), Young and Beautiful (from "The Great Gatsby" soundtrack), A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (from "The Great Gatsby" soundtrack; choreo by Serge Onik, G. & S. Arena,and Cordero Zuckerman
USA
10Tarah KAYNE / Danny O'SHEA
SP: "All I Ask of You" from Phantom of the Opera, choreo by Massimo Scali
FS: Swan Lake, choreo by Shae-Lynn Bourne and Zukiwsky
USA
11Deanna STELLATO / Nathan BARTHOLOMAY
SP: "Hallelujah" performed by Canadian Tenors; choreo by Rohene Ward
FS: "One" and "Where the Streets have No Name" by U2; choreo by Mark Pillay
USA

Last edited:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm curious as to why Yu/Zhang won't compete at here while their compatriots who are all on the Olympic team together decided to participate in the event. Their World standing is even behind the two Italians after the Euros. I hope Zhang has no issue with his health as he is a quite old skater among the current field.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*grins* The pairs FS is on Australia Day.

*waggles eyebrows suggestively*

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Sui/Han and Peng/Jin have disappeared from the entry list.

Pairs down to 11

What? Could you tell me when is the deadline for submitting entrants?

I can't believe no Chinese pairs in the event!

shyne

Final Flight
After the results from Euro, Sui/Han will not make it to the SP final group even if they win 4CC, so it makes sense for them to withdraw and focus on the Olympics. Not sure what's the reason for Peng/Jin's withdrawal.

Eclair

Medalist
After the results from Euro, Sui/Han will not make it to the SP final group even if they win 4CC, so it makes sense for them to withdraw and focus on the Olympics. Not sure what's the reason for Peng/Jin's withdrawal.

how come they won't make the final SP group? Which other team was as consistent? they won their GP and were 2nd at the GPF ... Which teams are in the last group instead?

Nika09

On the Ice
And just 10 teams overall...hate those pre Olympic competitions.

Ok with S/H withdrawal ( in their situation 4cc is much more better than Olympic Team Event though ) but what about P/J? Probably there won't be a better chance for them to build a momentum this season. I think it's ridiculous decision but whatever...

According to world standings, in the final group will be Tarasova/Morozov, Savchenko/Massot, Duhamel/Radford and Zabiiako/Enbert. http://www.isuresults.com/ws/ws/wspairs.htm

So reigning World and 4CC ( if they would compete and win this ) champions, GPF medalists etc won't make the final group but Z/E will? Not even J/C or S/K? I guess I'll never understand this.

Kittosuni

Medalist
And just 10 teams overall...hate those pre Olympic competitions.

Ok with S/H withdrawal ( in their situation 4cc is much more better than Olympic Team Event though ) but what about P/J? Probably there won't be a better chance for them to build a momentum this season. I think it's ridiculous decision but whatever...

So reigning World and 4CC ( if they would compete and win this ) champions, GPF medalists etc won't make the final group but Z/E will? Not even J/C or S/K? I guess I'll never understand this.

Its actually not super hard to understand if you try to read mechanics. Them not participating in senior Bs and being sideline because of injury prevented them to accumulate more points since 3 seasons are being taken in consideration

Nika09

On the Ice
Its actually not super hard to understand if you try to read mechanics. Them not participating in senior Bs and being sideline because of injury prevented them to accumulate more points since 3 seasons are being taken in consideration
Thank you for explaining but it was just rhetorical question ;)

flipsydoodle

On the Ice
China and Taiwan are currently in a major international spat. Hundres of flights between the two countries have been cancelled.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
China and Taiwan are currently in a major international spat. Hundres of flights between the two countries have been cancelled.

This is only an irrelevant piece of information that has nothing to do with 4CC competition, which will take place next week. And the flight problem only concerns the periods during Chinese lunar new year that reportedly will be during the period of early Feb to early March.