2018 Grand Prix Final Men's Short Program | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2018 Grand Prix Final Men's Short Program

LiamV426

On the Ice
Country
Scotland
Nice to see Jun get into the 40s for PCS but he still deserves higher IMO. That was a beautiful skate.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Mihoko Higuchi. And she looks 30 tops close & in person, the lady does not age!

Although I haven't had the pleasure of seeing her in person, I totally agree. :agree: :biggrin:

Just cannot get my head around the idea that she is actually knocking on the door of 50! :eek:

CaroLiza_fan

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Mikhail would have won the short, though we all know he wouldn’t have walked through that open door anyway

Let's put it that way: Mikhail has too much culture to let others pass before him through open doors:laugh:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I believe if Hanyu could have competed here, he could have raised the level of competition of the other men :think:.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Wow.. people are going to start agreeing with us just get at our stash of goodies...

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Wow.. people are going to start agreeing with us just get at our stash of goodies...

I legitimately don’t understand some of Nathan’s GOEs and why he wasn’t called for a fall. But I have never understood Nathan’s GOEs, perhaps because the ISU’s unofficial motto is “Having one eye in the land of the blind does not, in fact, make you a God, and let’s schedule that gouging ASAP.”

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Performance-wise, some very good programs were delivered today. :biggrin: I'm looking on the bright side. -Also missing a certain sparkly, frilly overlord who obviously robbed all the other guys of interesting costumes. -Shoma snagged the purple velvet and there you have it. Just vests and shirts for everyone else.

Loved the Soulfulness of Brezina (hate the grey shirt), Chas fluid movements, Shoma's blade mastery, Nathan was fierce, Keegan was effervescent and Voronov is a gritty warrior. Thanks all!

I, too, was pretty sure Shoma would take the lead on PCS, but ...I don't know. Yeah, Don't know what happened there with the judging.

gizmo

On the Ice
Nice to see Jun get into the 40s for PCS but he still deserves higher IMO. That was a beautiful skate.

Agree!!! I think he really deserves higher PCS too, but hope that will gradually increase this season as he becomes more prominent!!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Scampered into the classroom (yup, chose to watch figure skating and be late to class because priorities), protocols up yet?

Last edited:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

Why you are right. You are so right. Did you say Baileys? And caramel? I am in awe of your rightness. [repeat ad nauseum I get my grubby paws on teh goodies...]

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Why you are right. You are so right. Did you say Baileys? And caramel? I am in awe of your rightness. [repeat ad nauseum I get my grubby paws on teh goodies...]

I was part of a model UN team that actually won allies via bribing other players with treats. I was accused of “baked goods diplomacy.” [emoji23]

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I was part of a model UN team that actually won allies via bribing other players with treats. I was accused of “baked goods diplomacy.” [emoji23]

Hey it worked for Harry Truman {yes, I got a 5 on the US AP History exam!]

Danny T

Medalist
On first impression, Nathan's TES seems very generous to me. The axel was very good by his standard, but his standard is not exactly high. Spins and steps I'm not convinced either. Personal preference, but I can't enjoy his very stiff knees at all. PCS-wise, I think performance is good, quite possibly the best he did this programme. PE, IN, CO deserve to approach 9/low 9. SS I don't rate him very highly, not only the knees but the speed and flow not really there. TR is obviously the worst category.

Shoma's TES actually isn't scored half as bad as I thought. Maybe a bit more in PCS, but his TR is not better, if not even worse, than Nathan TBH. Maybe SS should be affected too, considering the two-footed skating.

But I really enjoy all the performances today, regardless of score and tech. It's honestly good event by the men's standards. Thoughts on the other guys later :)

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea

If I have champagne and caviar can I convince you to agree with me? :laugh: