4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
We were treated some amazing jumps today by the men! Makes me sad that this field was so stacked - fourth place Lukas would have won Skate Canada with his score! Top four were all great. Yuma ran out of steam - still not 100% but look out when he is, such pretty skating! Adam was fantastic... just the doubled toe. Adam was always so inconsistent - it's wild to see he has upped his difficulty and yet gotten more consistent somehow! Ilia was wonderful as well - I'm sure he's disappointed but man - over 300 pts again, can't be too down on himself - just a couple wonky landings and of course the short program fall in the steps. Kudos guys!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Have to give props to Lukas, too. When he skated I thought, well, the men above him will have to bring it b/c Lukas sure did. With the exception of Stephen, the last flight was a real fight. Poor kid. I hope he gets it together and doesn't give up.

If you are talking about Gogo, I hope he figures out whether he really likes skating and competing. I can't tell, and I am not saying that to be snarky. If he is doing this as a default (I always skated, I don't know what to do if I'm not skating) that's not the best motivation.

I just want every skater, from 25th to first, to be there because they want to be there. If they are, then I am happy. :)

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Adam was fantastic... just the doubled toe. Adam was always so inconsistent - it's wild to see he has upped his difficulty and yet gotten more consistent somehow!
I remember very clearly just a years ago when Aymoz didn’t make the free skate at Europeans, the general hope was that Siao Him Fa would do enough to salvage the spots. Oh, how times have changed!

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Adam 👏
I was hoping he would win due to PCS and he did. He has the same quads as Ilia, but, better skating skills. A 300+ overall score. The battle between Shoma, Ilia and Adam is so intriguing. This is the most exciting discipline.

Ilia
He skated almost as good as SA. Fall in SP and step out with the 3S made a difference here. Funny that he made a mistake in the one jumping element I wish he would remove. A 2A 2A sequence is worth more points than a eu 3S. Also, why 3S when that can be replaced by a 3F like what Nathan Chen used to do. The flip must be Ilia’s least comfortable jump. If 4A has the proper base value of at least 14-15 points, he could do that as opening element and then add a seq to 3A combo to the 4Lz. It is so unfair that the difficulty of the 4A isn’t there for grabs. But, he is smart to leave that jump out, to make the skating world miss this jump and then perhaps change its base value.

Yuma - I don’t care that the above three mentioned skaters are way ahead from the rest of the pack, this is my favourite male skater. Loved his programs. Despite out scoring Sota and Kao, he needs to climb up to surpass these two, to make the GP Finals. I have to settle for two bronze medals with my fave guy and women (Rion).

Lukas - WOW!! This would have won a bronze and gold, at the last two events. His 4T and 3A are so solid. He could add a 2A to replace a 2T second jump in his combo to get 2-3 more points. He is a solid 7-10 skater.

Camden - love him too. Fifth was not a bad result. Looks solid as the 3rd choice for USA.

Stephen 🇨🇦 - This was a missed opportunity. But, he kind of showed that he is almost there. While focusing on skating skills, I would get him to practice his triple jumps more. He did enough to show he is the top Canadian man this year, and he just needs a few points here and there to beat athletes like Camden, who will be around 11th-18th at Worlds, if he wants a shot at top 12 standing at Worlds. He earns points from this 7th placement. Will be interesting to see how Wesley does at NHK.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Oh, he got 9s? It's egregious indeed.
yup.. a few judges went there... including the USA judge who placed him first in PCS tied with Yuma, and leaving adam in 3rd place.
ETA I see you saw my original comment about this now... I guess repeating it just reinforces the opinion I have. :)

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
Look forward to watch recap tomorrow.
Ilia Malinin had higher yes by a point.
Adam Him Saio had higher PCs by 4.

Great job all.