2023 Grand Prix de France Men's Free Skate | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2023 Grand Prix de France Men's Free Skate

DancingCactus

Final Flight
I'm glad that Adam won, but Ilia's way too high PCS let me suspect soon he will get the Nathan Chen treatment. He should not get 9s at all.
Yuma deserves 9s for SS though, I feel he was lowballed here.
Lukas was very good, way better than all the men at SC last week.
Love Adam.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yikes to some comments on here...

Finally back from walking around on vacation. Caught up on Ilia's FP. Kind of sad that without the mistakes on both days that Ilia would have won. But oh well. He made the GPF and Adam is a great competitor. This will be interesting come time of the GPF and Worlds...

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Ha-hah, seems I missed all the excitement while taking care of my green babies. Can't wait to see the last two skates, but I am starting from the beginning, and gosh, Memola's height is as impressive as ever. And, more quads! Yay! Very decent free.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Ouch, given Pulkenen's terribad skate and that he went ahead of Gogolev, do I even want to see Gogolev's skate?

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Is there anywhere I can find videos of these programs in the USA? I've been looking for different skaters programs on YouTube and places on the internet, but I can't find them.

I don't have Peacock, but there would be times people posted these programs on things like YouTube and Dailymotion. But I'm finding very little for Grand Prix de France.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Despite silver, Malinin has absolutely shown his champion quality and one hell of a strategy, because he scored 300+ twice in a row, and his team left room to grow TES as the season builds up. I am hoping to see 4Lo by GPF. 4A is stupid-undervalued atm, so I dunno.

Also, I am fascinated that before his scores are announced, he calmly shakes his head at his dad's quiet question and says, "306? No, won't." He knows he is not going to score as high as Adam, and he is fine with it.

Great work from him and his team.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Despite silver, Malinin has absolutely shown his champion quality and one hell of a strategy, because he scored 300+ twice in a row, and his team left room to grow TES as the season builds up. I am hoping to see 4Lo by GPF. 4A is stupid-undervalued atm, so I dunno.

Also, I am fascinated that before his scores are announced, he calmly shakes his head at his dad's quiet question and says, "306? No, won't." He knows he is not going to score as high as Adam, and he is fine with it.

Great work from him and his team.
Its a crime that the 4A is not worth more.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just watched the men on the replay. Enjoyable competition! The top 3 men were stellar. PCS leader should be Yuma. So good to have him back. Those marshmallow knees! He is still a force to be reckoned with, even though he's not at 100%. His work with Carolina Kostner is paying off. I like Ilia's programs this season, and I'm glad to see he is committing to improving his presentation. His posture looks better, his moves look more finished. Working with Shae Lynn seems to have helped him. I'm in awe of the spring in his 4Lz. It has that "He could have changed a light bulb while he was up there" look. Look forward to seeing him in the GPF. I really appreciate and enjoy Adam's expressiveness.

Congrats to all the medalists!

cailuj365

On the Ice
I didn't get to watch in real time, but what a podium!!!

I loved Adam. So many wow moments. I am biased toward skaters with big tech content, and Adam absolutely deserves the win with those two skates and elements. He has great body movement. Really glad he did so well in front of the home crowd.

Ilia is not invincible, especially with his current layout (triple loop? really? can't he do a triple lutz in his sleep?). I was somewhat surprised that the majority of people predicted he would win. He's not consistently clean from competition to competition, and if he has technical mistakes, someone like Adam or Shoma could absolutely beat him as those two also start from higher PCS. He did really well though to keep it mostly together and still score 300+.

Glad to see Yuma coming back in the mix. I felt that he would win the next Olympics after seeing him in Beijing. Not as confident about that now, but if he is fully back technically, it could still happen...

Men's is really stacked right now. We have at least three skaters with 300+ scoring potential.