2018 Grand Prix Final Rhythm Dance | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2018 Grand Prix Final Rhythm Dance

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
W/P kind of owns this music. H/D's expression is a bit too OTT for me.

IlVoloFan

Final Flight
Country
Turkey
They made so many changes in the program and it was amazing!!!Yesss Madi and Zach.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Exactly... they still got higher PCS than S/K although in my view S/K are the stronger skaters when consistent. The fight in the free will be tough.

I agree. S/B are just more interesting, frankly, and I say that as someone who likes S/K.

“I think I did a rocker!” is the most skating whisper drama ever.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Love H/D. Do not like this program. They look better than they did at the start of the season

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Kind of...still cliche, overwrought and bland? Adding full on Maria does not make it that better...

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Madison, I love you, but I need you to take the dial off eleven, okay? You’re looking more crazed than sexy when running your hands over yourself.

That split lift has me throwing dollar bills

*psst* Zack thinks he did a rocker :scard8:

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Here in the arena guys! Hi!
I can't understand why S/B went into second. Maybe there was some mistake I missed but their performance sent shockwaves through the stadium. They were solid. S/K were a bit bland. Z/G were really exciting in the last 30 seconds. H/D's score seems high although they were solid.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
As I am the only one rooting for team Italia II I am going to say it: I love her dress and would wear it if I had the right occasion.

BTW.. I thought S/K were better than H/D tonight.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE
Music: Tango: "Alevare" by Astor Piazzolla; Tango: "Tangata del Alba" by Astor Piazzolla
Choreography by: Marie-France Dubreuil, P. Lauzon, G. Cournoyer
Costumes: Red dress with illusion cut out for her and beaded applique down one shulder/back (BEETER); working man white t-shirt with black pants and red suspenders for him

Required Elements:

Very sharp tango steps. Yes it's sexy but finally I don't feel like it's ONLY about sex.

Twizzles Level 4 They were first rate. Putting them up front has really helped them. 2.80 goe
TR Pattern 1 - Level 2, YYNN, 2/81 goe
TR Pattern 2 - Level 2, NNYY, 2.41 goe
Let's just say there's room for improvement.
Curve Lift -very low with a very deep curve. Level 4 with 1.38goe
ML Ste Seq - Level 3, 3.87 goe Nicely done. They've really gelled.

Each time out they've gotten a career best with this so far. Yes it's the usual sexy sexy sexy, but this finally felt like more than that. Really, kudos to them both. THIS is the H/D I fell in love with back when they were doing their Queen FD.

Score: 80.53 and another SB. But yes, it was better. Now work on getting the pattern levels and KPs please.

oly2018

Final Flight
As I am the only one rooting for team Italia II I am going to say it: I love her dress and would wear it if I had the right occasion.

BTW.. I thought S/K were better than H/D tonight.

I am right there with you. This is actually one of my favorite tangos this season!

champagnerain

Final Flight
I'll admit that I rarely watch ID, but I was really expecting more of these tangos to sound like, well...tangos? (Just me...? :slink:)

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
That split lift has me throwing dollar bills

*psst* Zack thinks he did a rocker :scard8:

Yeah, the lifts are still “I need a shower, pronto” territory, but at least their skating skills are sublime. It’s almost not surprising they have a hard time selling me tango — they’re already at ELEVEN, so when they go even higher for tango-face, it just is too much.

Why can’t they just do last season’s FD for everything?

StephenGfan

Final Flight
imo H/D are good/decent skaters but i find them usually dull to watch even more so this season. Their hiphop medley SD was the only one I liked everything else kinds of blends together for me.