2018 JGP Ostrava Rhythm Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Ostrava Rhythm Dance

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Anne-Marie WOLF / Max LIEBERS
Music: Tango: Tango d'Amor performed by Tango Jointz feat. Bellma Cespedes; Samba: Hotel California (Spanish Mix) performed by Gypsy Kings
Choreography by: Stefanie Schneider
Costumes: Basic black tango drag for both with red highlights

Required Elements:

AT Pattern - their edges are quite shallow. They really need to work on BASICS. 7 no KPs. Basics, kids. They'll pay you great dividends.
St Line Lift - serviceable, level 4 but low GOE
Twizzles - Out of sync. Level 4 for both but minue GOEs
ML St Seq - level 2. Again, they really need to work on basics.

Score: 44.98 (24.38 TES, 20.60 PCS)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Mira Isabel POLISHOOK / Deividas KIZALA
Music: "Foxtrot: "Pink Panther Theme" by Henry Mancini; Tango: "Pantera Tanguera" by Cvarteto Almagro; Foxtrot
Choreography by: Igor Shpilband, Pasquale Camerlengo
Costumes: As she is playing the Pink Panther, take a wild guess. Go on, I dare you. I double dare ya! He's in standard black onesie tango duds.

Required Elements:

Twizzles - good coverage but a bit far apart. Level 4 for both.
AT Pattern - odd music going into this. Mostly nos on the KPs. Clean it up!
Midline St Seq - Level 2
Staight Line Lift - with her stepping on his boot and a nice split position.

Well yes, it's an unusual choice to say the least, and it is cute, but thank goodness it's not "Reach for the insulin, I'm suffering from a Cute OD attack" levels of cuteness. It actually does work. Mostly because of their expression, which is quite good.

Score: 47.46 (26.66 TES, 20.80 PCS)

SB so good for them

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Maria KAZAKOVA / Georgy REVIYA
Music: Tango: Building the Bullet by Luis Bacalov; Tango: Assassin's Tango (from "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" soundtrack) by John Powell
Choreography by: Nikolai Nikonov, Igor Alferov
Costumes: Basic black dress with bling for her, red shirt and black pants for him

Required Elements:

Twizzles - super speed, not great sync. Got it together for third set so good recovery. Level 3 for her, level 4 for him.
AT Pattern - nice depth of edges and closeness. Splut yes and no KPs
St Line Lift - secure with a lovely entrance
ML St Seq. - level 2

The basics here are quite good but you can smell the newness. They'll need time to gel as a couple.

Score: 59.77 (31.00 TES, 28.77 PCS)

A bit high that score.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Mariia NOSOVITSKAYA / Mikhail NOSOVITSKIY
Music: Tango
Choreography by: Galit Chait Moracci
Costumes:Black dress with Red sequined applique for her, basic black for him

Required Elements:

AT Pattern - basic and they need to work on basics, mostly no KPs
Twizzles - balance check from him because he slipped. Level 3 for both, minus GOE
ML NT Step Seq. - they're doing steps but they're not yet dancing. Level 2
Rotational Lift - slow with basic entry and exit. Level 3

They're a new team and it shows. They need to work on those basics.

Score: 44.43 (24.72 TES, 19.71 PCS)

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Looks like (again, barring disaster) gold and silver are clear, but there’s a pileup for bronze.

A few of them were tango, just not the tango we're used to. Some of them were very good.
I wasn’t disagreeing as to quality (in general, quality improves when a team does what it’s more comfortable with — B/B killed the quickstep, for instance), just noting the trend.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
^^^
Ice dance tech committee sugested coaches/skaters to think outside the tango box while choosing the music/programs for RD. Otherwise, we will got something like compulsary, same or similar programs all around which can be boring for general public to watch. So they asked for diversity/variety/not so tangos tango :biggrin:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Just a note, teams can incorporate any one other rhythm in addition to tango. So we could see tango hip hop too :eeking:. It's easier to do full tango than to perform a cohesive dance with different rhythms in 2:50 +/- but if done well can differentiate one team from the pack. I thought Virtue/Moir did a nice wango (waltz+tango) in 2011.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Just a note, teams can incorporate any one other rhythm in addition to tango. So we could see tango hip hop too :eeking:. It's easier to do full tango than to perform a cohesive dance with different rhythms in 2:50 +/- but if done well can differentiate one team from the pack. I thought Virtue/Moir did a nice wango (waltz+tango) in 2011.

So I guess a quickstep/tango would be a quango.

:hap57:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
So I guess a quickstep/tango would be a quango.

:hap57:

Gadbois likes experimenting with rhythms. Remember their Lock (Latin+Rock) and Lop (Latin+Pop) programs last season? Sometimes they're brilliant and sometimes not so much...

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Gadbois likes experimenting with rhythms. Remember their Lock (Latin+Rock) and Lop (Latin+Pop) programs last season? Sometimes they're brilliant and sometimes not so much...

Which kinda sums up the Montreal Approach for me. I will say they've upped their game the last two seasons. Not quite as much mush. But even then the programs are very hit or miss.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Bronsard/Bouaraguia must be really thrilled with their debut score, which is only a few points lower than their domestic score from Championnats.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Bronsard/Bouaraguia must be really thrilled with their debut score, which is only a few points lower than their domestic score from Championnats.

If I'm not mistaken, it's actually the third best RD score of the Canadian juniors behind L/L and F/A. It's too bad they may not get a second grand prix.

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
I didn't get - "time violation" deduction for Diana DAVIS / Gleb SMOLKIN :scratch2: I thought it should be at least 5 seconds :think:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I didn't get - "time violation" deduction for Diana DAVIS / Gleb SMOLKIN :scratch2: I thought it should be at least 5 seconds :think:

They were definitely over time. I'm not sure what you mean by 5 seconds. It's 2 min 50 seconds +/- 10 secs. As soon as you get over 3 minutes exactly, it's a deduction. They were at least 1-2 seconds over that.