2018 Nebelhorn Trophy Rhythm Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Nebelhorn Trophy Rhythm Dance

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
FANTASTIC RD. No words, like a living motion painted picture happening in front of us. So vivid, so in character, so sensible with every note of the music. Totally unique, subtle yet powerful nuancing in the pattern, fantastic, creative twizzles' transitioning, perfect slow-motions in movement, frame, sharpness in connections, great lift being so much in the character of the music and movement of choreography. And that great energy between them, between them and music...

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I loved Piper and Paul's program, especially the second set of twizzles and the last lift. Wonderful. In my top 5 of this season's tango list they are currently on the second place (behind Weaver and Poje).

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
I was so sad when I realised it is going to end! Mesmerising program.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I love this time of the season when I see the programs of my favourites for the first time! :hap93: Piper and Pauld did not dissapointed me! :hap10: Her dress is making me think of summer :)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I was so sad when I realised it is going to end! Mesmerising program.

They really can catch the moment and make it beautiful, unique, don't they? And Tango is totally their forte, I feel that the style perfectly accommodates their originality and creativity in movement. I am very impresses over how authentic and stylish the wholesome of the dance is, the level of thought put inside of the concept and execution of it, so much detail, so much flavour!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow, not that much difference between C/P and Parsons' scores. Clearly C/P are leaping onto the senior scene and aren't messing around.

C/P actually had the higher RD score at their last CS events. By only ~0.4, and of course we can't really compare between events, but still I think P/P will be happy to be ahead. I expected it to be close.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I’m sad for the Poles, who on paper were the presumptive silver medalists here.

The way has been cleared for an all-North American podium.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
I have slept through the new rules. Are twizzles two sets now?

danse

On the Ice
You're right. It's a requirement in the Free but I think some are incorporating them into the RD's maybe to get used to doing them and while they don't count for much in a RD, they cost a lot when they lead to an error. The POlish couple looked like they did a small knee skid as a transition into the last twizzle which is where she lost her balance and wiped out.

pearly

Record Breaker
You're right. It's a requirement in the Free but I think some are incorporating them into the RD's maybe to get used to doing them and while they don't count for much in a RD, they cost a lot when they lead to an error. The POlish couple looked like they did a small knee skid as a transition into the last twizzle which is where she lost her balance and wiped out.

Oh you're right, I remember now.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Now the lady and man's set of twizzles is evaluated separately, if I'm not mistaken

Yup, Sinkats will be losing less points in case Nikita miss the twizzles all together this season :drama: :p

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I've only watched two videos so far (Gilles/Poirier and Koch/Nuchtern) but I'm surprised to see Kaliszek/Spodyriev and Nazarova/Nikitin down so far on the results list!

danse

On the Ice
Really??? What necessitated this change? I have to read the new rules.

The twizzles are evaluated separately and then the total value is added together, I believe. So the lady can get a level 4 and the man a level 2, add the point value together and that's the score for the twizzle sequence.

ETA: I think they have that rule as well for the pattern dance.

I'm surprised they didn't make this rule change for pairs.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I've only watched two videos so far (Gilles/Poirier and Koch/Nuchtern) but I'm surprised to see Kaliszek/Spodyriev and Nazarova/Nikitin down so far on the results list!
Those videos will be rough watches for you, if you’re a fan of them.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Those videos will be rough watches for you, if you’re a fan of them.

I am a fan of K/S, and I think N/N are decent, but I'm watching the Pairs SP, so I probably won't get around to watching those until later. I might even give them a pass, if they're so bad. :laugh: