2018 Worlds Pairs Free Skate | Page 55 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds Pairs Free Skate

Alchamei

Record Breaker
I've just checked Vanessa's Wiki and she already has the World Bronze medal there, you guys are fast! :laugh:

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
People here aren't criticizing them. They criticizing the program. That's a big big difference. I think if you read through the Pairs threads throughout the season the main theme you'll find for T/M is how talented they are and how that program is just an embarrassment that absolutely wastes that abundant talent.

There is nothing that much wrong with the program (and skaters should have a freedom to skate to any kind of program, for me thats the beauty of incorporating the music and performance in the sport). Its just made for younger audience and casual viewers, and thats it

girl in red

Rinkside
People here aren't criticizing them. They criticizing the program. That's a big big difference. I think if you read through the Pairs threads throughout the season the main theme you'll find for T/M is how talented they are and how that program is just an embarrassment that absolutely wastes that abundant talent.

Agreed!It is just that i am not even a huge fan of them but i feel bad for all the negative comments.Nobody says their not talented but still....it s hard to hear that your program is awful.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
Oh, ISU is finally giving skaters nice medals instead those tiny ones skaters have been receiving for like 10 years :thumbsup:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Awww Vanessa is so happy! :biggrin:

Also I like that the Worlds medals are appropriately large now, Plushy once showed a photo of his medal haul and his Worlds medals were tiny!

Hey sexist! The men might like a bouquet too! ;) :p

Xorasy

Rinkside
Ooh, did they finally change the size of the medals??? They're way bigger compared to previous years!

MIM

Medalist
@bartlebooth

you mean send in the clown??

HAHA I forgave them with Pink Panther.

Edit: I mess up quoting...

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
There is nothing that much wrong with the program. Its just made for younger audience and casual viewers, and thats it

How much time do you have for problems with that program?

Nah, my incipient carpal tunnel syndrome is already bad enough without stating the obvious...

;)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

Agreed. I can't believe that FS won a World silver medal. They should have definitely been behind J/C in the FS, but overall I think the placement was indeed correct. It's too bad for D/R or S/H because that was totally beatable for them, but S/M were the class of the field... that score will not be touched for a very long time. My only issue is that their programs have no high risk element - still two SBS 3T/3S, still no quad throw or twist... but everything they did execute was superb and the program itself was innovative and sublime. :love: While I wish it were a more technically ambitious team to break V/T's Sochi record (not to take anything away from V/T who were outstanding still), I'm glad it is a clean FS and SP+FS that finally has the record.

MIM

Medalist
There is nothing that much wrong with the program. Its just made for younger audience and casual viewers, and thats it

uhhhh who are the younger audience and casual viewers?
They still have taste. They are more picky and unforgivable for the lack of taste.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Yeah I feel like the lyrics of the program are what most people object to, like they just can't see past them. I don't really concentrate on them, just on the beat and I don't see anything truly terrible in the cheorography or anything?

I guess it's like Gabby's Carmen program to me, I mean, I cannot get past that horredous singing in it, so she could probably stick a quad in there and I'd be too busy dying from bleeding ears to appreciate it!

In other news, I'm a bit sad at Katia and Harley's placement, they were totally underscored in the SP I think, they shouldn't have been the only team under 180 total, boo.

Aww, SBS Man spoilers for the Mens!