2019-2020 Programs by Discipline | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2019-2020 Programs by Discipline

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I would lie If I say that I don't chuckle whenever there's an ice dance program set to Samba but there's suddenly a Rumba section, spanish lyrics or both because it should fit the "latin vibes" :laugh: Wouldn't use 'offended', but I can't speak for middle eastern people.

If I was acknowledgeable about Samba and actually cared I bet I would rivalize those who criticize to the maximum the music cuts for european classical music. Luckily I don't.. :laugh:

i have to admit i usually get bothered whenever i see a stereotypical depiction of Italy, like we're stuck in the 50s or we're all mobsters, but any negative representation of the ancient romans doesn't bother me at all :biggrin:

glasses up!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Alexia Paganini will do a Tango for her FS. Choreographed by David Wilson

:angry2: Seriously? After doing Yo Soy Maria as her short last season? After the flood of RD Tangos? Like, I have no ill feelings towards her, but that is too much tango even for a tango maniac

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
:angry2: Seriously? After doing Yo Soy Maria as her short last season? After the flood of RD Tangos? Like, I have no ill feelings towards her, but that is too much tango even for a tango maniac

Would have loved a more softer lyrical program for her Free as a contrast to her very upbeat SP.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
There probably won't be very many tangos this season, however, because it was the RD rhythm last season. (We seem to have a bunch of flamencos & Cabarets though).

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
I'm also not too happy that she's doing another tango after she already did one last season, but I guess she feels comfortable with it since Yo Soy Maria really fit her well. I also wished for a more lyrical piece, or something more dark(like the soundtrack from girl on the train, I want someone to skate to that since FOREVER)

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy

and so goes my hope to leave Maria in Buenos Aires :handw: