2020-21 Russian Nationals: Men's Free Skate | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Nationals: Men's Free Skate

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Sorry to spoil, but no way Ignatov is beating that 296 from Misha.

I don't think this spoils anything, that was basically impossible 😂 a decent skate from Makar though :)

Congratulations to Misha, absolutely a class of his own here. If he could correct those small issues he had he truly has a shot for a World medal (if Worlds are happening that is).

LadyB

Record Breaker
I really feel sorry for Tema, he could have been further up. His FS was great!

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Oh no ladies is next :coffee: See you over there folks. I'm not ready for the drama that's surely coming.

AlimaAsh

On the Ice
A bit off topic and I’m sorry for mentioning one of my favorite youngsters again, but Artur Danielian and Mark Kondratyuk are best/very close friends and now two Russian national medalists on their first tries!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Chaos, thy other name is Russian men. Now I need to take a breather before the storm that is the ladies

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I thought that was one of Samarin's shirts? Oh, the search continues!
it could be, those things can do everything but i don't think they would use fire weapons, after all they got fangs and claws :LOL:

AlimaAsh

On the Ice
I'm so happy for Anton who had a personal best with 6th place. :cheer:

I feel so sorry for Mozalev...:(
Yes, I am so happy for Anton as well! Maybe this will even convince him to keep on skating competitively. But if it doesn’t, this is such a good way to conclude a career.

Tyranid

Final Flight
I don't think this spoils anything, that was basically impossible 😂 a decent skate from Makar though :)

Congratulations to Misha, absolutely a class of his own here. If he could correct those small issues he had he truly has a shot for a World medal (if Worlds are happening that is).
Misha needs another quad. His non jump elements are top class but I'm not sure he can beat Zhou, Uno, Jin with just a 4T... Not even talking about Hanyu and Chen. Let us hope for professor Mishins jump magic. 🙂

Fluture

Record Breaker
I don‘t have much time to comment because ladies are starting soon but just two things:

1. Mikhail Kolyada‘s skating is out of this world.

2. I didn‘t know Mark before that but wow, do I now. That was the wildest, most fascinating techno swan I‘ve ever seen. :laugh: Love his running edge out of the axels, too. Would have had him in second - he‘s great!

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Misha needs another quad. His non jump elements are top class but I'm not sure he can beat Zhou, Uno, Jin with just a 4T... Not even talking about Hanyu and Chen. Let us hope for professor Mishins jump magic. 🙂
He is working on them. There have been good quad lutzes from practice and there is also 4S according to interviews. I don't think he's ready to try them yet, not after not skating for a season.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
WOW, congratulations to Ignatov for the silver medal!!! It is not easy to be the last skater and he handled that situation pretty well, IMO.

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
This was a bit like the SP for men, ok, but very few wow moments.

Kolyada won fair and square - the quality is there definitely, he was clean, and this FS is by a very very long country mile the best program he has ever had. I have for some time thought that an inexpressive/poor performer should stick to classical music and style of movement because that is far easier to make look good than anything with a specific dance style, character or storyline - those reveal all flaws pretty quickly. In that, the Nureyev program works for Kolyada. What I keep wondering is that is there a storyline? The beginning and end plus maybe sth small in the middle sort of suggest that, but I cannot read what is intended from those few clues. If there should be a character or a storyline, then the program IMO is a failure. But if it is intended as an abstract tribute to Nureyev (like Plushenko's Nijinsky program), then it is a passable imitation of classical ballet on ice, not the best ever, but ok.

Reading the comments above on his work on the other quads, I start fearing a season similar to 2017-8 when he was trying to get both 4Lz and 4S work in programs at the same time. That did not work very well in the end. I am sure they will try, because without another quad he is not very competitive in the end.

E

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I've never seen a 4T-Eu-2T combo before
That combo isn't possible unless the skater changes edge and jumps in the opposite direction of the other jumps on the 2T. :oops:

I was asleep while this one was going, hopefully videos appear soon!

vorravorra

Record Breaker
This was a bit like the SP for men, ok, but very few wow moments.

Kolyada won fair and square - the quality is there definitely, he was clean, and this FS is by a very very long country mile the best program he has ever had. I have for some time thought that an inexpressive/poor performer should stick to classical music and style of movement because that is far easier to make look good than anything with a specific dance style, character or storyline - those reveal all flaws pretty quickly. In that, the Nureyev program works for Kolyada. What I keep wondering is that is there a storyline? The beginning and end plus maybe sth small in the middle sort of suggest that, but I cannot read what is intended from those few clues. If there should be a character or a storyline, then the program IMO is a failure. But if it is intended as an abstract tribute to Nureyev (like Plushenko's Nijinsky program), then it is a passable imitation of classical ballet on ice, not the best ever, but ok.

Reading the comments above on his work on the other quads, I start fearing a season similar to 2017-8 when he was trying to get both 4Lz and 4S work in programs at the same time. That did not work very well in the end. I am sure they will try, because without another quad he is not very competitive in the end.

E
There is no way Mishin would put in both 4Lz and 4S this season. They'll go for whichever is better in practice. If both quads are on the menu at all it's part of that two-year plan Mishin mentioned.