2021-2022 Programs by Discipline | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2021-2022 Programs by Discipline

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So we have Eunsoo doing Tango de Roxanne, You Young doing Les Miserables and Haein doing Homage to Korea. Anyone up for Concerto in D? You're not really helping dispel the idea of Meagan Duhamel saying all the Korean girls are just copies of Kim Yuna
Homage to Korea is the only one that hasn't been done by many other skaters besides Yuna.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier
RD: "I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues", "I'm Still Standing" by Elton John
FD: "The Long and Winding Road" performed by Govardo

Haley Sales & Nikolas Wamsteeker
FD: "Scared to Be Lonely" by Dua Lipa & Martin Garrix

Source: ACI practice

Last edited:

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Ahsun Yun KOR
SP: "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
FS: 'The Mummy' soundtrack
Wow, I just noticed this sp selection. I'm not familiar with Ahsun Yun, but the Nirvana music selection should be quite interesting. Is Ahsun a junior skater?

Former skater, Scott Williams (who briefly coached Michelle Kwan before she hooked up with Raf), famously skated to Smells Like Teen Spirit, as a pro skater in the 1990s. Williams was a very good eligible skater (a contemporary of Brian Boitano), but his career really took off in professional competitions, which proliferated during the 1990s, and were a boon for many skaters, post their eligible careers. That's one reason why it's a shame there are no longer many pro competitions for veterans who retire from eligible competition.

Williams often worked with the amazing and very creative choreographer, Brian Wright, in crafting his pro performances. I wonder whether Ahsun has seen and was possibly inspired by Williams' pro performance to the Nirvana music. Here it is, from 1998: (Williams is known for his amazing barrel rolls)

And the below performance to Truly Madly Deeply, is one of my top favorites from Scott Williams, also choreographed by Brian Wright:

ETA:
Here is another very creative performance by Scott Williams, to Talking Heads, Slippery People, choreographed by the inimitable, Christopher Dean:

Last edited:

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
Wow, I just noticed this sp selection. I'm not familiar with Ahsun Yun, but the Nirvana music selection should be quite interesting. Is Ahsun a junior skater?

She is in the junior GP circuit this season. It is a piano version of the song which has some of the aggression of the original, but is mostly a fairly predictable classicizing version of a rock song. She skates it as if it was classical music.

E

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Pairs from Nebelhorn

Yuchen Wang & Yihang Huang CHN
SP: "Go Now" by Adam Levine
FS: "Never Take Off the Mask" from The Lone Ranger soundtrack by Hans Zimmer;
"The Railroad Waits for No One" from The Lone Ranger soundtrack by Hans Zimmer
"Ride" from The Lone Ranger soundtrack by Hans Zimmer
"Finale" from The Lone Ranger soundtrack by Hans Zimmer
choreo by Elvin Wong

Anastasia GOLUBEVA / Hektor GIOTOPOULOS MOORE AUS
SP: "Fire Dance" byJennifer Thomas
FS: "Sing Sing Sing" by Louis Prima; "Summer Time" performed by Ella Fitzgerald; "Mr. Pinstripe Suit" performed by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

Lana PETRANOVIC / Antonio SOUZA KORDEIRU CRO
SP:
FS: "Butterflies and Hurricanes" by Muse

Laura BARQUERO / Marco ZANDRON ESP
SP: "Dawn of Faith" by Eternal Eclipse
FS: "Awakening" by Andy Qui
"Imagine" by Boyce Avenu
"Imagine" perf. by Royal Philharmonic Orchestraen2;
choreo by Raffaella Cazzaniga, Prisca Picano, Corrado Giordani

Coline KERIVEN / Noel-Antoine PIERRE FRA
SP: "She Caught the Katy by The Blues Brothers
"Let There Be Drums" by Carl LaFong Trio, Sandy Nelson
'Think" by Aretha Franklin
FS: "U-turn (Lili)" by AaRON, arranged by Maxime Rodriguez;
choreo by Line Haddad, Pierre-Loup Bouquet

Zoe JONES / Christopher BOYADJI GBR
SP: "Rise Up" by Andra Day
FS: " Fiy You" performed by Cinematic Pop; choreo by Mark Naylor, Miriam Ziegler

Minerva Fabienne HASE / Nolan SEEGERT GER
SP: "You Are the Reason" (Duet Version) by Calcum Scott, Leona Lewis
FS: "People Help The People" by Birdy
choreo by Mark Pillay

Cleo Hamon & Denys Strekalin FRA
SP: "Kill Of The Night by" Gin Wingmore
FS: "Mais Je T'aime" by Grand Corps Malade, Camille Lellouche2

Annika Hocke & Robert.Kunkel GER
SP: "All Your Love On Me by ABBA
Voulez-Vous by ABBA
FS: "The Other Side" by Ruelle
choreo by Anna Cappellini, Luca Lanotte, Joti Polizoakis

Nicole Della Monica & Matteo Guarise ITA
SP: "Let It Be" from Across The Universe soundtrack by the Beatles, perf. by Timothy T. Mitchum, Carol Woods
FS: "Saturn" by Ryan O'Neal, perf. by Sleeping At Last
choreo by Valter Rizzo, Barbara Melica

Daria DANILOVA & Michel TSIBA NED
SP: "Bad Guy" by Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox feat. Ariana Savalas
FS: "All by Myself" (Remastered) by Eric Carmen; "I’ll Be There For You" (From “Friends”) by The Rembrandts
choreo by Joti Polizoakis

Anna Hernik & Michal Wozniak POL
SP: "Salut" by Helene Segara, Joe Dassin
FS: "Hasta Que Te Conoci" performed Juan Gabriel feat. Joy;
choreo by Marianne Gola, Mateusz Chruscinski

Sofiia HOLICHENKO / Artem DARENSKYI UKR
SP: Pina (soundtrack) by Thom Hanreich; "Glasshouse" (from "Pina" soundtrack) by Thom Hanreich; "Lillies of the Valley" (from "Pina" soundtrack) by Jun Miyake
FS: Men in Black 3 (soundtrack) by Danny Elfman
choreo by Ivan Lytvynenko

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Huang & Wang skating to the Lone Ranger soundtrack brings up some very odd possibilities. The only two cast members that lift each other, even metaphorically, are the horses Silver and Scout.

Is the Huang going to play the part of Silver or the Lone Ranger? Is Wang going to be Tonto or the Lone Ranger?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Recent Updates of USA fanzone and ISU bios

Joseph Phan CAN
SP: "Money" by Pink Floyd, Roger Waters
FS: Miss Saigon soundtrack by Claude Michel Schonberg; choreo by Jeffrey Buttle

Jimmy Ma USA
SP: "Black Swan" soundtrack by Clint Mansell
FS: Attack on Titan soundtrack by Hiroyuki Sawano; choreo by Nikolai Morosov

Maxim Naumov USA
SP: "Run" by Joji; choreo by Adam Blake
FS: "Stabat Mater" by Woodkid and "Unstoppable" by E.S. Posthumus; choreo by Adam Blake, Evgenia Shishkova, Vadim Naumov

Dmitrii Aliev RUS
SP: "Pilgrims on a Long Journey" by Cœur de Pirate
FS: "And The Waltz Goes On" by Anthony Hopkins, performed by Andre Rieu; choreo by Olga Glinka, Valentin Molotov

Mark Kondratiuk RUS
SP: "Kösem Opening Theme (from Magnificent Century: Kösem soundtrack) by Aytekin Ataş; "Silence of the Clouds" (from Magnificent Century: Kösem soundtrack) by Aytekin Ataş; "Sound Of Darbuka" by Yasar Akpence
FS: Overture (from "Jesus Christ Superstar" rock opera) by Andrew Lloyd Webber; "The Temple" (from "Jesus Christ Superstar" rock opera) by Andrew Lloyd Webber; choreo by Vitali Butikov, Nikita Mikhailov

Artur Danielian RUS
SP: Don Juan (musical) by Felix Gray
FS: "Scheherazade" by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov; choreo by Irina Tagaeva, Nikita Mikhailov

Petr Gumennik RUS
SP: "Leave a Light On" by Tom Walker
FS: Spartacus by Aram Khachaturian; choreograph by Nikolai Miroshkin

Makar Ignatov RUS
SP: "Iron Sky" by Paolo Nutini
FS: Tchaikovsky's First Piano Concerto;
choreo by Olga Glinka, Valentin Molotov

Andrei Mozalev RUS
SP: "Sadness (Part II)" by Enigma
FS: 1492: Conquest of Paradise (soundtrack) by Vangelis;
choreo by Igor Kosheev, Denis Lunin

Aleksandr Samarin RUS
SP: The Matrix soundtrack
FS: "Lord & Master" by Apashe, "Save Us" from "La terre vue du ciel" soundtrack by Armand Amar; choreo by Ramil Mekhdiev

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Updates of Men going to Nebelhorn

Brendan Kerry AUS
SP: "Leave A Light On" by Tom Walker
FS: "Come Alive" from the Greatest Showman soundtrack; "A Million Dreams" from the Greatest Showman soundtrack;
"The Greatest Show" from the Greatest Showman soundtrack

Maurizio Zandron AUT
SP: "What About Us" by Pink
FS: "Alice's Theme" (Alice In Wonderland soundtrack) by Danny Elfman; "Alice Reprise II" (Alice In Wonderland soundtrack) by Danny Elfman; "Alice Reprise III" (Alice In Wonderland soundtrack) by Danny Elfman; choreo by Raffaella Cazzaniga, Prisca Picano

Vladimir Litvintsev AZE
SP: "Morceaux de fantasie Op. 3" by Sergei Rachmaninov; choreo by Sergei Rozanov
FS: "Smile" from The Joker soundtrack by Jimmy Durante; "Bathroom Dance" from The Joker soundtrack by Hildur Gudnadottir; "Rock and Roll, Part 2" by Gary Glitter, Mike Linder; choreo by Sergei Roganov

Jari Kessler CRO
SP: "Mess Is Mine" by Vance Joy, arranged by Hugo Chouinard (Studio Unisons)
FS: "The Scent Of Love" by Michael Nyman, arranged by Hugo Chouinard (Studio Unisons; choreo by Ludmila Mladenova

Tomas Llorenc Guarin Sabate ESP
SP: A Day In The Life (instrumental) by Jeff Beck
FS: "Sarabande" by G. Friedrich Händel, performed by Angele Dubeau & La Pieta; "Sarabande" by G. Friedrich Händel, performed by The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra; "Sarabande" by G. Friedrich Händel, performed by Globus; choreo by Benoit Richaud

Valtter Virtanen FIN
SP: "This Place Was A Shelter" by Olafur Arnalds, Arnor Dan
Music Free Skating / Free Dance as of season 2021/2022
FS: "Sail" by Aaron Bruno, performed by Awolnation; "We Are "by Marijn Van Der Meer, Jorrit L Kleijnen, performed by HAEVN (Symphonic Tales; choreo by Adam Solya

Adam Siao Him Fa FRA
SP: Star Wars arranged by Maxime Rodriguez
FS: Daft Punk Medley arranged by Cedric Tours; choreo by Benoit Richaud

Peter James Hallam GBR
SP: "Tennessee" by Hans Zimmer & Gavin Greenaway
FS: "City Lights" by Carl Davis and the Philharmonic Orchestra; "The Reel Chaplin: A symphonic Adventure, Pt2, The Chaplin Revue, Modern Times, Smile!" by Carl Davis and the Philharmonic Orchestra; choreo by Mark Naylor, Dawn Peckett

Paul Fentz GER
SP: "Wire to Wire" by Razorlight
FS: "Rock You Like a Hurricane by Scorpions; choreo by Adam Solya

Kai Jagoda GER
SP: "I Love You" by Woodkid
FS: "Ew" by Joji; "Remix Slow Dancing In The Dark" by Joji; "Slow Dancing In The Dark" by Joji; choreo by Adam Solya

Thomas Stoll GER
SP: "Despacito;" "Bailar"
FS: "Back to Black" by Oscar and The Wolf; choreo by Panagiotis Polizoakis

Harrison Jon-Yen Wong HKG
SP: "Lay me Down by Sam Smith
FS: "A Sky Full of Stars" by Coldplay; "Fix You" by Coldplay; "Viva la Vida" by Coldplay; choreo by Scott Brown

Andras Csernoch HUN
SP: The Matrix soundtrack
FS: Pearl Harbor (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer; choreo by Adam Solya, Julia Gor-Sebestyen

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
More men going to Nebelhorn

Conor Stakelum IRL
SP: "The Golden Path" by Brian Tyler; "Soulseeker" by Thomas Bergersen
FS: "Reel Around the Sun" by Bill Whelan; choreo by Andrew Smith

Sihyeong Lee KOR
SP: "Polovtsian Dances" from ‘Prince Igor;' by Alexander Borodin
FS: Carmen Suite after Bizet’s Opera by R. Shchedrin; choreo by Yeaji Shin

Davide Lewton Brain MON
SP: "The Real Me" by Paper Plane
FS: "Poeta" by Vincente Amigo arranged by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by Benoit Richaud, Merovee Ephrem

Edrian Paul Celestino PHI
SP: "In This Shirt"
FS: "You & Me" (The Wildfire) by Aron Wright; "You" (Piano & Strings Sessions Version Instrumental by Future of Forestry; choreo by Milena Todaro, Julie Marcotte

Kornel Witkowski POL
SP: "Make It Rain" by Ed Sheeran
FS: "Baby, God Bless You" by Shinja Kiozuka; choreo by Lloyd Jones

Burak DEMIRBOGA TUR
SP: "No Man No Cry" by Jimmy Sax
FS: "Diego Libre Dans Sa Tete" by Johnny Hallyday; choreo by Tomi Pulkkinen, Ali Demirboga

Basar Oktar TUR
SP: "Time Lapse" by Michael Nyman
FS: Notre Dame De Paris Medley (soundtrack) by Richard Cocciante; choreo by Benoit Richaud (SP), Ivan Righini (FP)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
AFAIR The last couple to skate to Grand Corps Malade, Blanc & Bouquet, had an FD to Grand Corps Malade's "Chercher d'Or." The team was required by the French Fed to change FD's after Nationals.

Here it is. :dbana: indeed.

This one is worse imo

Seven Sisters

Medalist
AFAIR The last couple to skate to Grand Corps Malade, Blanc & Bouquet, had an FD to Grand Corps Malade's "Chercher d'Or." The team was required by the French Fed to change FD's after Nationals.

Here it is. :dbana: indeed.

This one is worse imo
You know what, though? I’d rather watch that—being full of the wonderful weirdness that characterizes French ice dance—than some of the boring paint-by-numbers stuff that is out there these days. I was thoroughly entertained, if nothing else!

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Papadakis and Cizeron have announced their rhythm dance music!

"Made to Love" and "You & I" by John Legend

Here's their Instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CUU7QSnFL_s/

According to the post, they are aiming to explore "lyrical hip-hop" as well as "Whacking". Choreo is a collaboration between Axelle Munezero, Kim Gingras, Sam Chouinard and Marie-France Dubreuil.

They also posted that they will announce their free dance tomorrow, so stay tuned!

Status
Not open for further replies.