2021 International Classic: Free Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2021 International Classic: Free Dance

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Instant reaction: Maddie’s dress is too long. I see a tripping/skate entanglement problem waiting to happen

ETA: beautiful his and hers matching masks. I strongly suspect the hand of Matthieu Caron

Last edited:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I don’t know how that program comes across on the screen but it was beautiful in person. Hubbell and Donahue are just so light and smooth compared to the rest of this field.
I thought it looked lovely. How did the music sound in person? My speakers aren't great, so it's probably that but it felt maybe too quiet at times.

rain

Record Breaker
Instant reaction: Maddie’s dress is too long. I see a tripping/skate entanglement problem waiting to happen
Yup. Cut some of the tulle off. It's the wrong length for her.

My eyebrows raised at that first lift. Pairs, or dance? This was well-skated, of course, because they are great skaters, but I still think this team really shines in something with a bit of edge. The most successful program they had, IMO, was their last Olympics FD and they've been trying to find something to equal it ever since — straight up lyrical isn't it. I thought the choreography needed some more highlights as well.