2021 International Classic: Women's Free Skate | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2021 International Classic: Women's Free Skate

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Would be interesting to know why Trusova did this event.
I know this was Diana Davis's (Eteri's daughter) and Gleb S's international senior debut, I think Eteri wanted to be there.

Sasha is doing Skate America so perhaps she wanted to make sure her visa would be good to go. It'd be awful to miss out because of issues, so it worked out well I guess.

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
Would be interesting to know why Trusova did this event. It was 6 days from the LP today and the test skate LP. I have to assume Eteri's daughter was competing here and she asked if anyone wanted to compete. Or perhaps the Skating Club of Boston(which seems ambitious) as the host wanted a big name.
Maybe she wanted to be sure that she could get a US Visa? So that she could get one in time for Skate America?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Canada and US switch off every other year for the Challenger status, IIRC.

Not really.

U.S. Classic has been a Challenger in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019.
Not in 2021.

Autumn Classic has been a Challenger in 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021.
Not in 2015.

(Also: The ISU list for 2020 Challenger Series that was published in April included Autumn Classic, which later had to be cancelled.)

My guess on this music choice—her first thought was to use Hallelujah, but then she realized that it’s kind of overused :)

I don't know whether you were joking, but in any case, what Paige said in Aug about her music choice:

"... This season, Rydberg is skating to ... "Broken Vessels" by Hillsong Worship for her free skate.

"It's a version of 'Amazing Grace,'" she explained. "It's probably one of my favorite long programs. Every time I skate to it, I just get inspired because it is a Christian song. Any opportunity that I can get to honor God and to do that through skating is a super cool opportunity."..."

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Ha ha I I know who Olive Oly is but I can't see it. I love Park's hair piece. :)

She's so happy!!!

Oh dear...nerves...I'm watching Sasha on behalf of @CrazyKittenLady as well.
Thanks so much for supporting Sasha on my behalf as well! :thank: Alas, it didn't go as well as it could have gone. But at least it never gets boring being Sasha's fan. :ROFLMAO: The more experience she gains with her new layout, the better she will become. It is still early in the season, and to be honest, after what she delivered at test skates, it was extremely difficult to top that so soon after.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I've been watching here
Thanks a lot! It's still there for us who found the competiton taking place at an inconvenient time :) Dance and women.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Trusova will not be able to deliver those quad jumps at big events, whoever is coaching her. She should change her mentality and take good care of her own body really seriously before it is too late.

BTW, she was jumping a 3A in the warmup before the FS, so who was to blame this time? 🤔

Zora

On the Ice
I don't think Sasha's performance is worrying, she jumps multiple quads, who is really consistent besides Nathan Chen? I really like this program for her, but I wish she would play a bit with her expression.

Oof, rough one for Sasha. I wonder how long she'll keep attempting the 5 quads before she switches it up, especially if performances like this continue.
I guess she needs them if she wants to win against Valieva on a good day...

Yeonjeong Park's skating was a bit too sweet for my taste, her dress too glittery, but she jumps well. That was a huge score!

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
There is no way Trusova should have won this Free Skate.

In what world should someone be able to fumble through their already not-artistically-good program and get only .5 less on PCS than the beautiful, buttery performance of Yeonjeong Park. We unfortunately exist in the worst dimensional branch of figure skating judging.