2021 JGP Austria: Women's Short Program | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2021 JGP Austria: Women's Short Program

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
It's amazing how good Isabeau is at every single aspect of skating except the jumps. To the extent that everything else is so lovely your mind just moves right on even when the jumps are messy, like her combo.

Speaking of, the 2A and 3F were really nice today, but that 3Lz was rough and I'm not sure I understand the GOE. But she'll get the highest PCS, deservedly.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Isabeau lost a level in Steps, Sofia didn't. That was the main difference. and Sofia is ahead 0.53 in PCS.
Like, I am glad that those judges are judging. I would be like that computer in old sci-fi shows, burning out because the tricky human asked me unresolvable question. I love both equally, but I think I can see that Zinina is more tentative, conveys less than those two

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Erm, what were we just saying about weird music choices?

It's not just the Japanese Germans, but the French Canadians too!

That music was brutal! If you're going to skate to "Toxic", at least use Britney's original! And the less said about the rest of the music the better.

Loved the dress and the skating, though.

She seems a likable sort of a girl, so I'll let her off. Plus, I'm intigued by her FS music.

Goes into 7th.

And that's a wrap!

CaroLiza_fan

readernick

Medalist
Like, I am glad that those judges are judging. I would be like that computer in old sci-fi shows, burning out because the tricky human asked me unresolvable question. I love both equally, but I think I can see that Zinina is more tentative, conveys less than those two
Agree with this. Sofia and Isabeau are my two newfound loves this season. Everything about Isabeau's SP is perfect (except her combo) and I hate Sofia's SP but she is so wonderful that she makes me tolerate it.

I appreciate Zinina and she has a lovely smile, but Isabeau and Sofia are just in another class performance-wise

Remilia

On the Ice
Isabeau and Sofia were exquisite today! Anastasia did great too, but tbh, her program is ResidentSleeper and does nothing for me. Still, it was nice to see her happy smile once she landed the final jumping pass :hap10:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just going back to Aya, I just had another look at her ISU Bio, and such a long list of former coaches! :drama: But, there are some very recognisable names in there. Not least a certain Aljona Savchenko and a certain Alexander Koenig.

But, Sunshine Niko was in there too! ☀️

So, I'm prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt.

What am I on about? Of course I am! You all know that I tend to support the Japanese and the Germans. And this girl ticks both boxes!

And anyway, I know her FS is to a song I absolutely love. :biggrin:

So, that is just a blip.

CaroLiza_fan