2022-23 US Pairs Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I liked Megan/Blake too. Sad to say, they split awhile ago. Blake is doing shows. I'm not sure about Megan. I didn't hear anything about why they split.
Weird. I didn’t hear they had split and their wiki pages don’t indicate it. I’m not trying to argue with you as you are always more up to date than I am. Is she on ice partner search? Todd and Jenni seem to be pretty good at putting teams together.

macy

Record Breaker
i was pleasantly surprised by Ellie/Danny. They are still extremely new but there is a lot of exciting potential there. once they get more comfortable with each other and get the technical stuff down they're going to be really, really good.

SkateTM0102

On the Ice
Weird. I didn’t hear they had split and their wiki pages don’t indicate it. I’m not trying to argue with you as you are always more up to date than I am. Is she on ice partner search? Todd and Jenni seem to be pretty good at putting teams together.
They have broken up. If you go to his instagram, he is touring in Europe. I am not sure what her plans are,

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Naomi Williams & Lachlan Lewer (and first alternates Murray and Gillette, too) got their minimum TES for Junior World's in the Short Program at the Bavarian Open. Good luck to them in the free skate!

They had earned a ticket to Junior World's, but had never competed internationally.

Pl.NameNationTSS
=
TES
+
PCS
+
COPRSKDed.
-
StN.
1​
Naomi WILLIAMS / Lachlan LEWERUSA
52.01​
29.07​
22.94​
5.75​
5.92​
5.58​
0.00​
#2​
2​
Barbora KUCIANOVA / Lukas VOCHOZKACZE
48.96​
26.68​
22.28​
5.50​
5.58​
5.67​
0.00​
#3​
3​
Janne SALATZKI / Lukas RÖSELERGER
45.09​
26.14​
18.95​
4.75​
4.83​
4.67​
0.00​
#12​
4​
Lilianna MURRAY / Jordan GILLETTEUSA
43.97​
26.12​
18.85​
5.00​
4.50​
4.67​
1.00​
#6​

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
i was pleasantly surprised by Ellie/Danny. They are still extremely new but there is a lot of exciting potential there. once they get more comfortable with each other and get the technical stuff down they're going to be really, really good.
They are really really good. They’re going to be GREAT❤️

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Naomi Williams & Lachlan Lewer (and first alternates Murray and Gillette, too) got their minimum TES for Junior World's in the Free Skate at the Bavarian Open. Williams & Lewer won, while Murray & Gillette got bronze.

:)

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
They have broken up. If you go to his instagram, he is touring in Europe. I am not sure what her plans are,
Yes. I'd heard that they'd split. And when I went to Blake's Instagram, it was confirmed by the fact he's now doing shows.
^^ Yep. Just as @SkateTM0102 has indicated, Megan & Blake are sadly no longer a team. I haven't heard what Megan is doing, or whether she's on IPS.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
congratulations to Alexa and Brandon on their silver! the growing rivalry between them and the Japanese team has been really fun to watch.
As well as to Emily and Spencer for their fifth, and to Ellie and Danny for a fine Worlds debut.

I keep thinking about how a year ago, Emily and Spencer were only fourth at Nationals, had basically no international experience, and were, I thought, lucky to get the 4CC assignment. Look at how far they have come! Two Grand Prix medals, their first Grand Prix Final, their second 4CC medal, and fifth at their first Worlds!

Last edited:

momrk

Medalist
Country
United-States
I am really grateful that Alexa and Brandon stayed to compete this year. It would have been easy to stop. As I said somewhere else, they gave stability to U.S. pairs, and helped retain those three spots. Also allowed Emily and Spencer time to start gaining that all-important and necessary international experience without the pressure of being U.S. #1 pairs, something that has to have been so valuable to them.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
This section is kind of hidden off. I have to remember to come here and check out updated news. Yet it doesn't appear that all happenings are noticed and discussed. I see on Gabby Izzo's Instagram that she's switching to pairs. But she hasn't announced that she has a partner yet. She mentioned being thankful to work with Chris Knierim in acquiring pairs skills. She's close with Spencer Howe too, so he can probably give her some tips.

Awhile back on Twitter, someone posted a clip of Gabby and Balazs Nagy executing sbs jumps together. It just looked like they were having fun though. Gaby probably needs a taller partner. I think Misha Mitrofanov is still looking for a partner. Misha and Gabby train at SCB, so maybe?? Who knows?

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I wonder if Megan W and Balazs Nagy would be a good fit physically. The other thing is of course training camp logistics. Some partnerships might be good physical matches, but the training location preferences may not align.

Status
Not open for further replies.