2023-24 Retirements, Splits and New Partnerships | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Retirements, Splits and New Partnerships

yesterday

Record Breaker
the championnats québécois d'été entry list had revealed this new partnership ;) but now it's even more confirmed as IAM ! thanks for sharing it ! I like Everest :) who doesn't like him?
speaking of bad jokes 🤭

giphy.gif

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
climate change is messing up the post-olympic migration.

ETA... sorry i didn't mean to trigger a reaction with this unplanned pun... omg... forgive me : i put it in smaller font now :(
😭😭😭 I'm going back to my corner to cry. When he comes out of retirement and wins an OGM like Patrick Chan I will accept it.
:laugh2:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #7 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Very sad news :( Norwegian Ice Dancers are splitting because of Marias health situation, she will no longer be able to compete because of her heart.

Hi, can you please write their full names? I haven't heard of either dancer yet.

Country
Norway
Thanks! Glad that Maria got help sooner rather than later (hopefully there'll be no more surgeries for her), and wishing her good luck in her next endeavors, and good luck also to her partner if he wants to continue.

Always sad when health takes a skater out before they wish to stop competing:(

Indeed. Health comes first. She did already stop her single career because of the heart issues, and thought Ice Dance would be possible. It was not totally unexpected but still very sad. She was born with the condition, but didn´t let it get in the way of pursuing her dream. Maria moved to the US for ID and they worked really hard to get to European Championship, and even had the FS TES for Worlds. All in their first competing season. All though it´s really sad it stops here, they can be proud of what they achieved, not at least being the first Norwegian Ice Dance couple to compete at European Championship. Hopefully they have inspired future Norwegian skaters to pursue Ice Dance.

yesterday

Record Breaker
Indeed. Health comes first. She did already stop her single career because of the heart issues, and thought Ice Dance would be possible. It was not totally unexpected but still very sad. She was born with the condition, but didn´t let it get in the way of pursuing her dream. Maria moved to the US for ID and they worked really hard to get to European Championship, and even had the FS TES for Worlds. All in their first competing season. All though it´s really sad it stops here, they can be proud of what they achieved, not at least being the first Norwegian Ice Dance couple to compete at European Championship. Hopefully they have inspired future Norwegian skaters to pursue Ice Dance.
I'd love her to coach some kids and show them the discipline.

Country
Norway
I'd love her to coach some kids and show them the discipline.
That would be wonderful. They should really consider giving her a coaching position. Since she is a former single skater as well she could combine it with some basic teaching skills for kids as well in single skating. And maybe some choreographing.

labgoat

On special assignment for work, see you in August
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tiffany Zahorski and Jonathan Guerreiro have announced their retirement

I always enjoyed their energetic and spirited skating and will miss them in the competitive world. Hopefully they will get to do some creative and interesting shows for us fans to see. Also I hope that Tiffany has a complete recovery from her health problems.

labgoat

On special assignment for work, see you in August
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I will especially miss Tiffany’s trademark hair and the handsome Jonathan.
I am appalled at the responses from their countrymen on Facebook - way to eat your own.
Shame - they were excellent representatives for their country. Many others would’ve loved to have had them.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I will check if this has been mentioned in U.S. ladies thread, but Courtney Hicks is coming out of retirement to compete again in singles. She's only 27, so it's not unrealistic if she's in good shape. Maybe she noticed how well Nicole Schott performed at '23 Worlds, and was inspired. Courtney is partnering with Josh Farris -- as her coach only!

I heard this news on This Week in Skating, Episode #90. It looks like their latest episode...

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Courtney's coach before her break from competition was Christy Krall, and I believe Josh works with Christy. Josh was of course coached by Christy.

But I have not listened to the podcast, so I don't know for sure.