2023-24 Retirements, Splits and New Partnerships | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Retirements, Splits and New Partnerships

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
And here I am thinking that Ashlyn Schmitz/Kieran Thrasher would be a good pairing. Ashlyn is also a very pretty skater who is likely through with puberty and needs a taller partner. She is 2 years younger than Kieran, so they age out of juniors at the same time. She has a triple jump, a 2A, and triple throw experience.
Sounds interesting. I'm not familiar with Ashlyn, tho' I've heard her name a few times. I would imagine that Desrochers trains at the same rink as Kieran, thus their pairing was likely smooth and convenient. Kieran is tall and strong, plus he picked up pair guy skills relatively quickly. He would make a good partner for many accomplished young pairs girls.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Kieran and Jazmine skated this weekend. They look very good together.
I agree that they look good together, and the training arrangement probably facilitated the partnership. But competitively it won't matter how good they look together if she can hardly even jump 2A, much less triple jumps or triple throws.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I agree that they look good together, and the training arrangement probably facilitated the partnership. But competitively it won't matter how good they look together if she can hardly even jump 2A, much less triple jumps or triple throws.
At this point, it's a bit quick to judge on this. With pairs SBS jumps, it does take time to adjust to a partner and sometimes, we have seen that it got easier or harder with a new partner. I recall Lubov being able to jump with her previous partner, having a hard time with Dylan, and then, in their short time together, it did look easier for her with Charlie... At the next gen competition, the 2a wasn't great but it was done in the SP. I'll give them time to adjust.. at this point, it's not just the jumps, pretty much all the elements are in progress. If Marcotte didn't believe in the partnership, why would he bother with it? I'd put my trust in him... he knows what he is doing.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Richard Kang In Kam (New Zealand ice dancer) has officially retired. His split with Charlotte Lafond-Fournier had been noted in the previous season's thread, but I think this is the first mention of his official retirement? Charlotte is hoping to find a new partner, as per their team Instagram:

Andrea82

Medalist
New Italian junior Ice Dance team confirmed
Beatrice Ventura / Stefano Frasca
Frasca used to skate with Noemi Tali (now partnered with Noah Lafornara) and Ventura with Amedeo Bonetto

Last edited:

yesterday

Record Breaker

re this ⬆️

Max Pfisterer is now on IPS as well 😲

So I guess that means he's better now?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

re this ⬆️

Max Pfisterer is now on IPS as well 😲

So I guess that means he's better now?

Did anyone say Max was injured? I thought from reading the IG post it was Lara, his former partner, who was injured.

labgoat

Cheering for the new kids on the JGP block!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Incredibly unexpected (as I never would have guessed for a single moment that Harley would be willing to not represent Australia):
Hyejin Cho/Harley Windsor are a new pairs team for South Korea

Well this sounds very interesting. I look forward to their debut.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Incredibly unexpected (as I never would have guessed for a single moment that Harley would be willing to not represent Australia):
Hyejin Cho/Harley Windsor are a new pairs team for South Korea

Some possible advantages of skating for South Korea vs Oz:
-Team competitions (Korea currently has better chances of putting a strong team together)
-Making the World team (if they skated for Oz they'd either have to compete with G/GM, or both would have to do well enough to maintain 2 spots - they have no domestic competition in Korea)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Some possible advantages of skating for South Korea vs Oz:
-Team competitions (Korea currently has better chances of putting a strong team together)
-Making the World team (if they skated for Oz they'd either have to compete with G/GM, or both would have to do well enough to maintain 2 spots - they have no domestic competition in Korea)
and there might be a money incentive too... who knows?

hanca

Record Breaker
Well, with the state of world pair skating at present, they can easily be in top ten. Without Chinese and Russians, who needs to worry about triples.

gleungc6

On the Ice
What do you mean without Chinese? So far China is allowed in int. comps... and the Covid rules are done with... if they aren't there it's because they don't have the skaters...
As a small aside - there is a livestream for a pretty big competition happening in China over these next few days here https://live.bilibili.com/h5/25826481?liteVersion=true

Women’s SP ongoing (50+ entries), dance / pairs / women / men FD/FS all day tomorrow Beijing time (the rest of the events have passed already)