2023 NextGen Team Camp - Competition Simulation | July 22-24 | Golden Skate

2023 NextGen Team Camp - Competition Simulation | July 22-24

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Quite some new pairs and dance teams. Looks like Skate Canada trends to bring younger skater to NextGen team this season, especially the women category.
I noticed that too. It's good that Skate Canada is working things out among talented skaters to mix and match new teams that may work out better in term of ages and skills. At least, that's what I am assuming is happening with all the reshuffling.

WarmCheers

Rinkside

Cutting the ice

On the Ice
From the posted starting order, Uliana Shiryaeva will compete at NextGen Competition in about 2 weeks.

https://lamp.skatecanada.ca/alex/cssWebWidget.html?event=94352bbb-d660-4548-989f-0baa95e7223e

First, this could indicate that the transition from Russia Federation is completed. Secondly, Uliana will compete in Junior Circuit for Canada, not senior category as she skated in BC HP in June.

Wait and see the development.
That is good news. She is not yet posted on the Skate Ontario website so hope this site is accurate.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
From the posted starting order, Uliana Shiryaeva will compete at NextGen Competition in about 2 weeks.

https://lamp.skatecanada.ca/alex/cssWebWidget.html?event=94352bbb-d660-4548-989f-0baa95e7223e

First, this could indicate that the transition from Russia Federation is completed. Secondly, Uliana will compete in Junior Circuit for Canada, not senior category as she skated in BC HP in June.

Amazing! With our 170+ Senior women getting the three spots for Skate Canada, the next spots up for grabs would be the Junior GP Circuit. Is Canada only able to send one skater to each event? If so, there will be a battle for these spots. Right move for Uliana.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada

Oh my gosh, yes! And @4everchan thank you so much for the tag! This makes my day, and all the luck to Ulyana! I hope so much h she does well this season. I am going to root for her to get a JGP assignment!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Oh my gosh, yes! And @4everchan thank you so much for the tag! This makes my day, and all the luck to Ulyana! I hope so much h she does well this season. I am going to root for her to get a JGP assignment!
I think Canada has very few spots (one per event for 6 events??? if I recall??? ) and will give one spot to each of the junior women... if that's the case, there will not be a problem for Uliana to get hers : she just needs to skate her usual self.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I think Canada has very few spots (one per event for 6 events??? if I recall??? ) and will give one spot to each of the junior women... if that's the case, there will not be a problem for Uliana to get hers : she just needs to skate her usual self.
Fingers crossed, must be so much pressure on the poor girl after all those pointless delays!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Fingers crossed, must be so much pressure on the poor girl after all those pointless delays!
at the same time, Kaiya, Sara-Maude and Fiona are all skating senior this year (well perhaps not Fiona.. but she is in the National team and not next gen)... so there are just 2-3 skaters who can challenge her I would believe.. (Yun, Théroux, Volkova)

Cutting the ice

On the Ice
at the same time, Kaiya, Sara-Maude and Fiona are all skating senior this year (well perhaps not Fiona.. but she is in the National team and not next gen)... so there are just 2-3 skaters who can challenge her I would believe.. (Yun, Théroux, Volkova)
I wouldn’t count out Hetty Shi our Cdn junior champ

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I dunno, I just want everything to go smoothly now. Everyone has bad skates.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I dunno, I just want everything to go smoothly now. Everyone has bad skates.
yeah. i understand. Her jumps are quite stable. The 3lz-3t is sometimes a bit stiff. Her main issue is basic skating. She is not super fast and easy on the blades. I think the way she competed at the BC Summer skate is already a big advantage for her. She scored very high and the judges did not give her any candy. Skate Canada often doesn't give out all the assignments right away. Even if she didn't do so well at the next gen camp comp, she could earn her spot later on, depending on other summer events.

Sackie

Medalist
Hope Rose Theroux can do well this season - was impressed with her at Nationals last year. She has the goods and seems to go for it.