2023 U.S. Nationals Sr. Women's Short Program | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Nationals Sr. Women's Short Program

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, those scores were very close.

Love that Starr is in 3rd! As much as I would love to see her stay there, the realist in me doesn't think it's possible, even if she skates like she did at Skate Canada. Starr has no Lutz, and with skaters below her in the standings doing the Lutz, and Amber going for the triple Axel, I think her staying there will be unlikely.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Well In know it's only the short but looking like top two will be top two and next three depending on who is more consistent.

readernick

Medalist
I will say that imho criticism of Levito's jump technique is very valid but criticism of her artistry really isn't. She just has incredible attention to detail in every movement. She doesn't have the maturity of Bradie (who I love, because who doesn't love a comeback queen) but for a 15-year-old, it's incredible. Not even Satoko was this lovely at 15.

twirlingblades

Medalist
I will say that imho criticism of Levito's jump technique is very valid but criticism of her artistry really isn't. She just has incredible attention to detail in every movement. She doesn't have the maturity of Bradie (who I love, because who doesn't love a comeback queen) but for a 15-year-old, it's incredible. Not even Satoko was this lovely at 15.
She still skates like a junior to me :/ definitely getting there though.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Very exciting competition. The top five really departed themselves from the rest of the field.
Isabeau is too tough. I expect her to rise to the occasion and stay in First place.
I hope Bradie does enough to hold on to a podium spot. She is five points ahead and with skaters like Gracie and Starr, surely, she should do enough to hang on.
I really expect a Levito, Tennell and Glenn threesome. Glenn is the one I worry about the most.
Maybe, Starr will duplicate her SC performance. Also, Gracie skated her best Short program since her comeback. So, maybe that 3F is solid and maybe she will land more than 4 triples for the free skate.
The battle of 6-9 is interesting, because they are all close and best two performers from free skate, could go to Junior Worlds. So, I’m interested in this battle.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I just realized I made plans for Friday night. 😭😭😭😭
I thought it was free dance tmrw… so, I will miss the free skates. I guess I will just watch the scores live from my phone while I go out for dinner 😡
Will root for Sonja to finish 10-12 and land her 3S 2S; I heard the crowd go wow with her spins in opposite directions. Wait till they see this combo
Will root for Lindsay to finish in 4-6 range, as highest Junior eligible skater to go to Junior Worlds
Will pray for Bradie to finish 2-3, so I can see her at Senior Worlds again