2024 World Junior Championships Women's Short Program | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2024 World Junior Championships Women's Short Program

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Honestly, nothing against Polina, but that shouldn't have gone ahead of Hana or Olesya. Especially not due to PCS.

I know I'm biased because I'm adopting her, but I feel sorry for Zhasmin that she went clean, but she is 6 positions away from qualifying. Yet Polina didn't, and she went into the last safe spot.

That said, I felt so much for Polina seeing her crying there. It's never nice to see them crying.

:ghug:

CaroLiza_fan

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Is it my imagination or is she... slow? Certainly tepid.

(Ted thinks I'm wrong.)

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
38. Josephine LEE 🇺🇸
I Love Paris, J'aime Paris by Zaz, C. Porter

3Lz<
3F+3T<<
CCoSp4
2A
StSq3
FSSp4
LSp3

SP: 54.33 (12th) Q, SB

A solid skate from Josephine, just the UR on the combo and the lutz. She's a great full-package skater, and it was fun to see her performative side kick in after she landed the combo. It just seems that the consistent US skaters are carrotters and the inconsistent ones rotate but splat or pop far too much.

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
39. Ikura KUSHIDA 🇯🇵
Red Violin by Joaquin Rodrigo, Ikuko Kawai

3F+3Tq
2A
FSSp3
3Lz
CCoSp4 (with a musically timed illusion!)
StSq4
LSp4

SP: 66.61 (1st) Q, PB

I love Ikura's skating, she has such great posture, refinement, and skating skills. This is a redemption skate from her disaster at Japanese Nationals, and proves that she deserves this third spot. I'm just glad I get to see her FS one more time, it's one of my favourite programs of the season.