3rd Event of Russian Cup, 27-31 Oct, Sochi | Page 3 | Golden Skate

3rd Event of Russian Cup, 27-31 Oct, Sochi

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Amazing, she's wobbly and almost falls on her CCoSp and they give it high GOEs and bonus.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Looking at the protocols, Stasya got +1 bonus for 2 of her spins (level 4 with average +2 GOE). If not for that the standings would have been
2nd Gubanova 68.34
3rd Konstantinova 66.68
Also Stasya was 1.64 over Nastya in PCS, I wouldn't call that destroying. Only the bonus put Stasya ahead.

starla16

Medalist
why is Konstantinova always overscored ? she is a "trainwreck" skater and I don't get the hype.
She skates from her back to gain speed and has pitch forward landings.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
why is Konstantinova always overscored ? she is a "trainwreck" skater and I don't get the hype.
She skates from her back to gain speed and has pitch forward landings.

Her skating has very ugly posture, bad interpretation, zero feel for music, mediocre choreography. Poor scoring internationally. I don't know what they see in her.

madison

Record Breaker
Her skating has very ugly posture, bad interpretation, zero feel for music, mediocre choreography. Poor scoring internationally. I don't know what they see in her.

People who saw her live say she has a great presence on ice:slink:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
People who saw her live say she has a great presence on ice:slink:

Well, anyway, no need to blame Stasya. It's not she, who is sitting near the rink and putting the scores/tech calls. Her jumps are nice, she has very high speed and she is beautiful girl. :love:

At least, this competition don't make much sense, because for the Russian Nationals 9 senior girls + 5 junior girls = 14/18 spots are booked. So other four spots are going to Gulyakova, Gubanova, Konstantinova, Fedichkina. What an amazing event that will be! :clap:

LoveSkater

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Stasnislava has a WOW effect jumps. She reminds me bad copy of Osmond. Especially that falls from nowhere

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I'd take Stasya over Osmond any day... she's my GP as that thread will reveal...

tars

Record Breaker
Stasya is Olympic eligible, Nastya Gubanova isn't.

I've spotted Urmanov in Nastya's video.

hanca

Record Breaker
Well, anyway, no need to blame Stasya. It's not she, who is sitting near the rink and putting the scores/tech calls. Her jumps are nice, she has very high speed and she is beautiful girl. :love:

At least, this competition don't make much sense, because for the Russian Nationals 9 senior girls + 5 junior girls = 14/18 spots are booked. So other four spots are going to Gulyakova, Gubanova, Konstantinova, Fedichkina. What an amazing event that will be! :clap:

Feditchkina will end up fourth at this Russian cup, which means that her spot at the nationals is not that certain. It will be battle between Feditchkina and Sakhanovich for the last spot.

Country
Russia
Junior Ladies Final Results
Top 3 of 29.
1. Trusova 199.30 (no bonuses) FS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIVHFvhjLCI
2. Sinitsina 193.77 (1 point bonus) FS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJEFcf3Vfb8
3. Safonova 181.89 (no bonuses) FS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkRJ93MO9wo

For Trusova her 4S< fall gives no advantage, she got 3.10 for it (including deduction), for 2A she got 4.23, so if she jump second 2A instead of try ot 4S, score would be higher. She does not need to qualify to both Junior and Senior Nationals, she qualified for both because qualified to JGP Final.

Ksenia Sinitsina (born 05 Aug 2004, coach Svetlana Panova) is not eligible for Junior Internationals this season. 3rd place of 1st Event and 2nd at 3rd Event is almost warranty that she got a spot to JrNats. Very talented girl, hope to see her at JGP next season.

Viktoria Safonova (born 08 May 2003) was 12th at 1st Event, so probably she did not qualify to JrNats.
Sofia Moroz (4th) was 7th at 1st Event, probably did not qualify to JrNats too.

Livestream of Senior Ladies FS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR66HyeetAU

Country
Russia
Junior Dance Final Results
Top 3 of 13.
1. Shanaeva / Narizhny 137.20
2. Andreeva / Desyatov 137.18
3. Davis / Varlamov 131.66 (she is a daughter of Eteri Tutberidze, nice couple, but probably overscored)

Senior Dance Final Results
Top 3 of 4.
1. Popova / Mozgov 167.00
2. Morozov / Bagin 141.06 (she is a daughter of Nikolai Morozov)
3. Kokaeva / Kurgaev 98.58

Junior Pairs Final Results
Top 3 of 11.
1. Poluyanova / Sopot 167.74
2. Akhantyeva / Kolesov 165.98
3. Kostyukovich / Yalin 162.82

Senior Pairs Final Results
Top 3 of 4.
1. Mishina / Gallyamov 183.06 (she formerly skated with Mirzoev)
2. Efimova / Korovin 174.54
3. Buzaeva / Ivanov 171.04

Junior Men Final Results
Top 3 of 21.
1. Danielyan 229.99
2. Frolov 216.13
3. Egor Petrov 198.95

Senior Men Final Results
Top 3 of 21.
1. Erokhov 257.12
2. Milyukov 224.42
3. Dmitriev 216.80

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I hope Fedichkina has even a moderately successful FS but I fear for the worst.

Well, slightly better than I feared!

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Stanislava doubled the 3lo and had a fall on the last 3f. She may lose the silver to Gubanova in the end.

Next up is Gubanova with Nocturnal Animals soundtrack!!

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
With risk of being scorched alive, I will say that I'd rather see Stasya at senior nats than Nastya G.