Canadian Nationals : Gala | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Canadian Nationals : Gala

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Seeing Roman Sadovsky doing sexy dance moves was exactly the thing I needed to lift me up out of a bad mood! The other performers have been great so far too...
I didn't know he had sexy in him ... but he certainly does ;)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Nam saying that our skaters are behind the other nations. YUP. He says the Fed has a lot of work to do.
Ted : how does that happen?
NAM : skaters need to train and commit to the process. Doing it when it matters the most. Our athletes are more than capable of being competitive in practice but they don't do it when it matters.
Ted : would you say competing more would help
NAM : ABSOLUTELY. You need to be able to go and compete as soon as you can. Your brain will operate differently. ETC...

ME : you tell them NAM !

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Ted : talking about difficult conditions versus comfortable conditions in our nice Canadian venues etc...
Nam : it shouldn't matter.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Basically, Nam is explaining that our athletes have to learn how to compete and can only learn this at competitions, not at home. Not at simulation. etc.

Ted : do you feel rivalries are important ? Perhaps we don't have those rivalries.
Nam : it's so important. It's good to push each other. Nam does feel there are not enough numbers.
Ted : we got Wesley, we've got Roman, Conrad... those rivalries may begin now.
Nam: this is a new generation of skaters and now is the time to dig deep and pushing themselves in competition. When Keegan was above me, I would work harder etc...

OH...

TED just spoiled it :) next year the Championships will be in LAVAL... this is hilarious as I was just suggesting this in the post-national chat.
I AM GOING !!!! WOOT!!!!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Basically, Nam is explaining that our athletes have to learn how to compete and can only learn this at competitions, not at home. Not at simulation. etc.

Ted : do you feel rivalries are important ? Perhaps we don't have those rivalries.
Nam : it's so important. It's good to push each other. Nam does feel there are not enough numbers.
Ted : we got Wesley, we've got Roman, Conrad... those rivalries may begin now.
Nam: this is a new generation of skaters and now is the time to dig deep and pushing themselves in competition. When Keegan was above me, I would work harder etc...

OH...

TED just spoiled it :) next year the Championships will be in LAVAL... this is hilarious as I was just suggesting this in the post-national chat.
I AM GOING !!!! WOOT!!!!
Happy to hear that! Hope you'll have a great time!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Happy to hear that! Hope you'll have a great time!
You may come too :)
It's so convenient to go there by subway... so you can stay anywhere in montreal and take the orange line directly to Laval... the subway is like 5 minutes walk away from the venue, and it's a super nice new venue.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
This was a very interesting discussion between Ted and Nam. Thank you both of you for bringing this topic up and not avoiding it.
I agree with the feeling that saying these things out loud is not necessarily being critical but being analytical of the situation.
Our skaters need more competition experience. That's a fact. Sometimes, the politically correct banter avoids these conversations so I am very grateful to Ted and Nam for speaking up.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Many thank you's. :biggrin:

I'm here. :) Is there a skate order? Did Anthony skate yet

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
You may come too :)
It's so convenient to go there by subway... so you can stay anywhere in montreal and take the orange line directly to Laval... the subway is like 5 minutes walk away from the venue, and it's a super nice new venue.
We'll see where we're going next year. We'll be in Montreal for the Worlds, then we need to look at the summer information about the competitions next season to decide what we are interested in.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
They ended the first half with some of the bronze medalists. I wonder if the second half will just be the rest of the medalists.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I am so happy for Alicia and Paul... I have been a diehard fan since their first event in juniors... and to have them win a medal here. WOW.
Remember their lift falls? We were afraid she would dump him. Thank goodness she didn't!