Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1000 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

melgirl25

Medalist
I’d love to see her keep the tosca music now the season has ended on a sp high. Working on higher tech content in the off season and using music she is familiar skating too might be great for her. I think we haven’t seen the full potential of tosca for her! I’d also love to see misha choregraphing her free next season! [emoji7]

I agree with you. I would keep that short program so she can hit the ground running next season and work on more tech. There is still more room to grow with that program.

Amy Zara

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
There is still more room to grow with that program.

she has the option of changing the flip combo to a lutz combo to add BV, I wonder if they'd do that if the lutz gets more stable in the off season?

either way, I'd love to see Tosca stick around, it's really special and like others have said there's no harm in her getting a headstart for next season! Especially since the SP has been where a lot of the issues have shown this season, being able to go out and skate confidently with a well known program would be great.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
she has the option of changing the flip combo to a lutz combo to add BV, I wonder if they'd do that if the lutz gets more stable in the off season?

either way, I'd love to see Tosca stick around, it's really special and like others have said there's no harm in her getting a headstart for next season! Especially since the SP has been where a lot of the issues have shown this season, being able to go out and skate confidently with a well known program would be great.

Love your new Avatar.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Hi everybody - just stopping by to say how thrilled I am that Zhenya did so well in the SP and to wish her good luck in the FS. It’s pretty amazing to think that two months ago, it looked like she had almost no chance to make the World Team, and now she’s 4th after the short! And even more amazing how much progress she’s made since the Autumn Classic (which I saw live). And remember that a year ago, she withdrew from Worlds because of injury and was off ice for months?

For me it’s just as wonderful to see how much she’s recovered her competitive confidence as it is to see the improvements in her technique and programs. And Tracy seems to have a wonderful calming effect on Zhenya, so I’m really glad she’s becoming an increasingly important part of Zhenya’s team!

By the way, reading the last few pages of posts, I’m seeing a lot of people here worrying about whether her starting position is good or bad or whether she’ll be called for under rotating jumps, and I just wanted to say, stop worrying! Zhenya didn’t have a perfect short program and she still placed 4th. We don’t know what will happen in the free - we can’t control the ice, the judges, or the other competitors - but we do know Zhenya will give her absolute all, and that’s all we can ask. I’m sure she would love to medal here, and I’m sure she’ll fight to make that happen. But if it doesn’t, I try to remember that her goal in moving to Brian was a long term one - making the 2022 Olympic Team - and not medaling at 2019 Worlds - so being off the podium this year wouldn’t be the end of the world.

Fingers crossed for FS! :)

By the way, isn’t it great that with Japan showing the height, length and exit speed for ladies double axels, we now have concrete evidence of the improvement in Zhenya’s?!!!

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Hi everybody - just stopping by to say how thrilled I am that Zhenya did so well in the SP and to wish her good luck in the FS. It’s pretty amazing to think that two months ago, it looked like she had almost no chance to make the World Team, and now she’s 4th after the short! And even more amazing how much progress she’s made since the Autumn Classic (which I saw live). And remember that a year ago, she withdrew from Worlds because of injury and was off ice for months?

For me it’s just as wonderful to see how much she’s recovered her competitive confidence as it is to see the improvements in her technique and programs. And Tracy seems to have a wonderful calming effect on Zhenya, so I’m really glad she’s becoming an increasingly important part of Zhenya’s team!

By the way, reading the last few pages of posts, I’m seeing a lot of people here worrying about whether her starting position is good or bad or whether she’ll be called for under rotating jumps, and I just wanted to say, stop worrying! Zhenya didn’t have a perfect short program and she still placed 4th. We don’t know what will happen in the free - we can’t control the ice, the judges, or the other competitors - but we do know Zhenya will give her absolute all, and that’s all we can ask. I’m sure she would love to medal here, and I’m sure she’ll fight to make that happen. But if it doesn’t, I try to remember that her goal in moving to Brian was a long term one - making the 2022 Olympic Team - and not medaling at 2019 Worlds - so being off the podium this year wouldn’t be the end of the world.

By the way, isn’t it great that with Japan showing the height, length and exit speed for ladies double axels, we now have concrete evidence of the improvement in Zhenya’s?!!!

Thank you for saying this :luv17:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Thank you :thumbsup: :)

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist

All we needed to hear today. Much appreciated.

Placebo11

On the Ice

Thank you for these wonderful words! 🙏

Coryocris

Praise our Little Bear
On the Ice
Country
Germany
We have to remember that neither she or the team nor us have thought that she would be going to world's after RusNats. So for her to be here after this up and down season is a success.

Nobody thought that she would make worlds after IDF to be honest. Yet... here she is. She has risen from the dephts in less than one year and we love her more for that.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Tavi, what a wonderful post! Thank you so much for it. I think this was the positivity we needed today. You are absolutely right, Zhenya will do her best and fight tomorrow but in the end, she has her eyes set on much bigger things and her team‘s helping her get there as best as they can. So, I‘ll try to ban all negativity and just hope for Zhenya to leave the ice with positive feelings after her skate like she was after the SP.

LynsJ

On the Ice
I agree with you. I would keep that short program so she can hit the ground running next season and work on more tech. There is still more room to grow with that program.

Yea I think anything that can be done to keep her confidence on the upswing is so important. Really looking forward to seeing what they come up with for the free.