Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1033 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Placebo11

On the Ice
Sadly people are buying into. They call Zhenya a traitor, say they turned their back on her because how dare she leave her coach and hurt her like that. So many comments like that under the post.

That's exactly what Eteri wants. But actually I don't care anymore about those people. They are not worth it. They've been calling Zhenya a traitor since she left last year. So why reading these comments anyway.

grey19

On the Ice
I am with you on this. I dare to believe that Eteri is actually not lying on this particular post. It is hard for me to put up the right words but I have a great respect towards Eteri Tutberidze, for her willpower and strength to go through such a hell, when she was supposed to be living one of the biggest achievements in her career.

At the same time, I think that she knows very well the psychology of her own country men and knows how to pick the right words in order to trigger the "right" emotions into people. This was kind of a very tricky post. Because if you dare to say some critics, people would immediately jump on you with accusations of inhumanity and lack of empathy. At the same time I can't deny that the part with Evgenia not being mentioned but actually being meant :)biggrin:) is actually stressed in order to leave the reader with some bitterness. Also, now and then she's constantly speaking about Evgenia's accusations but I never understood what those accusations were. One thing I know...from life..is that where a problem is, there are also at least two people involved. I can't imagine that everything was fine and Evgenia suddenly believed that her entire team is to blame for what she had to deal with:scratch2:

I am with both of you, agree with every word. To go through what Eteri had to go through is indescribable. I admire her for that, she is such a strong woman. But to include Evgenia was wrong.

ktfrozen

Rinkside
Evgenia has nothing to do with leaving Eteri. She has the purest heart I've ever met in my life. Her mother though is a big story to be told and she is the only reason Evg left Eteri. The decision was made that she WILL LEAVE. And Zhenya was ashamed to come to Sambo and talk to Eteri prior to decision being official (news etc.) And one thing, Eteri is Zhenya's idol. Literally perfect human. Thats how it was until 2018, I have no clue how she views her now

Wheelz

On the Ice
According to someone on Twitter, Eteri made some sort of comment to Elizabeta about Zhenya in the K&C after her free program? Can someone verify this?

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
exactly, she is free to post her story, there was no slander. just a hint of someone included in her story, some can say its a sympathy post.

Are you being ignorant on purpose? Only someone who doesn't want to see, won't see that it's about her. She's saying "I introduced her as an example to all", who else would it be? Panenkova? Tarakanova? Tsurskaya?
I don't think she's necessarily lying here, but there's seriously no need to defend the precious Eteri here, in Zhenya's FF.
I am not religious, but I'll be praying to the fictious figure skating Gods that Zhenya doesn't pay attention to this. No matter what was the intention of this post, Eteri clearly knew what reaction it would cause, just like she knew last year when she gave that horrible TV interview. But hey, at least the most important competition is over, and there are plenty of months for Zhenya to get this out of her mind.
I'm so sick of this bs.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
Yeah, right, cause Eteri can tell Evgenia to retire and go have babies, but then Eteri is super surprised that Evgenia left her full of injuries, with low self esteem and an eating disorder. Yeah, it might have been hard for poor Eteri.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Mabye we should stop speculating. Do I think there was more than what we know of why zhenya left eteri? Yes I definitely think so. Did the thought that her mother had a thing to do with it cross my mind yes. Also yes while zhenya openly says she is thankful for eteri and I am all for her saying and talking about the eating thing you cannot deny that people can read it as throwing shades on her old team. Still something has happened between those 2 that we don't and I think never will know or she would not have let without giving flowers. Do I disagree with some of eteri methods?yes Do I like that she as the more mature one acts like the immature one here a bit. No but I still do like her per see and she is a genius for the youngsters or she would not have 3a coming up. Ect. ..

And while she did imply zhenya in her post without naming her , she gives a resumee of this past year and past season . And yes zhenya left her , so she can include that in the post if she wants to, and as I said more than once the break up was handled badly on both sides, both sides made mistakes. And do I think that zhenya leaving deeply hurt eteri as well? Yes I definetly do believe that cause say what you will but they had a very special and close relationship with each other . A connection and relationship that she never had and I think never will have again with any other skater. To outsiders it looked even as if she prefered zhenya over her own daughter. Even said she is like a second daughter and I believe her when she said that. So yes I can also understand her being hurt quite a bit. But I also understand zhenya that whatever else happened and the reasons we know about her leaving and that it was a good decision. She is learning new things and having another trainer and learning from him is mostly always good. And most of all she is looking happy and healthy. Mabye it is also that in the cricket club they are a family ,I think in Russia itwasalso close but not that close cause you always trained with you rivals and internally know that while they look up to you and love you they also wait for one moment of weakness

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Yeah, right, cause Eteri can tell Evgenia to retire and go have babies, but then Eteri is super surprised that Evgenia left her full of injuries, with low self esteem and an eating disorder. Yeah, it might have been hard for poor Eteri.

As much as I'm annoyed with this situation, let's not discuss and bring back rumours. Evgenia herself denied this, so I don't see any reason why we should be talking about this.

madison

Record Breaker
Btw, I looked over some photos of Zhenia from the closing banquet, she looks really sexy... she has always been beautiful but now she looks very sexy and stylish

Watch

Final Flight
Gotta say, both as a native speaker and as someone who's currently very pissed at Eteri: I don't think that's what she says at all. Doesn't really match the lip movements.

Last edited by a moderator:

esteticlove

Final Flight
I've just watched the final of the Gala. The Russian commentator thanked all the coaches who contributed to the success of the Russian skaters. When he mentioned Evgenia, he referred to Brian not with his name but as the coach who works with Evgenia Medvedeva. So much about that. :biggrin:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Two days ago we as fans were on cloud nine. Let's talk about fun topics. Let's let this topic go.

melodramaonice

Rinkside
...anyway. stars on ice japan starts soon!!!! any guesses on what zhenya may be performing? i presumed beautiful mess but now that she’s brought back revamped experience, it could be anything. stars on ice canada after that. 😳 and evgenia trying out a quad salchow, and working on her programs for next season....omg. i already can’t wait. 😅