Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1460 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Vemvane

On the Ice
Zhenya gave a short interview per whatsapp. Rika was supposed to come only for summer camp (so far). Brian was surprised by the coaching news. Zhenya calls it a strange story.
https://jp.sputniknews.com/amp/figure-skating/202006197554915/#click=https://t.co/hPctJAQuDr

Don't speak Japanese myself, but Google Translate plus the automatic translation on the page says that Sputnik asked Evgenia's mother, who allegedly thought that Rika would be there for summer; it also says that once the article was published, Evgenia's mother denied ever commenting on the news. I'm not seeing where Evgenia and Brian's reactions are reported - I presume the translation software is fallible and is not translating completely?

Editing to add the bit in Japanese that I'm pretty sure references Evgenia's mother: メドベージェワの母親のジャンナ・デェヴャートヴァ, where 母 is, I think, haha, or 'mother'.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Looks fake. A short interview per whatsapp...:unsure:

Yep. Seems to be fake. They changed the article to claiming that Zhenya's mom now said that and that Zhenya's mom denied saying anything about that and now the website is taking the article down. Seems to have been untruthful gossip by the newssite.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Yep. Seems to be fake. They changed the article to claiming that Zhenya's mom now said that and that Zhenya's mom denied saying anything about that and now the website is taking the article down. Seems to have been untruthful gossip by the newssite.

I guess that screenshot they mentioned was doctored too! Tabloid media just likes to cause trouble, and Evgenia doesn't need any more nasty rumours created by the press. She has enough on her plate right now.

Vemvane

On the Ice
I leave a twitter thread on this matter. Despite the translation it's interesting to read.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Julia39642014/status/1274040591261798404

Oh my goodness! So there are at least three versions of the article, one which claims to have interviewed Evgenia, who speaks of Brian's surprise, a second which switches the interview to her mother, and a third (still claiming to interview her mother) which removes any mention of Brian's surprise. What a tangled web of fake news!

thatbeatingheart

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Oh my goodness! So there are at least three versions of the article, one which claims to have interviewed Evgenia, who speaks of Brian's surprise, a second which switches the interview to her mother, and a third (still claiming to interview her mother) which removes any mention of Brian's surprise. What a tangled web of fake news!

So I probably read the third version, I was so confused because I couldn't find any "statement" from her. Only her mother was mentioned but I still couldn't figure out what she supposedly said.

Maia96

On the Ice
So I probably read the third version, I was so confused because I couldn't find any "statement" from her. Only her mother was mentioned but I still couldn't figure out what she supposedly said.

Well I already lost count of the number of versions. Now the site has re-edited the article, quoting the words of Zhenya's representative saying that they know nothing about Rika and Orser and that it isn't Zhenya's business.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkatingSunny/status/1274071822389121025

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
Liking it or not, Zhenya needs harder transitions if she wants to stay competitive. Her spins weren’t that bad, I guess she only lost levels at Russian Nationals because of the broken boot and at a other competition I can’t remember now. The rest, is basically doing what she’s been doing already: improving skating skills, try to add better spins (the I spin this season, which she had before). If she could add a harder combo, like 3F3S or 3F3Lo, it would already be better. And having KILLER programs also helps with PCS. According to what we’ve seen and heard from interviews, I think they decided to let go of the lutz edge in order to get more consistent. There were moments when the lutz edge was better, in the first months she started training in Canada, but eventually it was too much to change at the same time. The 2A is great now, the toe pick is better, the flip-toe is less muscled, the overall flow and speed are better, she added the 3S3Lo. What’s still missing are the deep edges and the harder transitions. Maybe, if she could improve her doughnut spin (which might be almost impossible) it would already give her some extra points. I’ll try to make a simulation of her scores if she could change some of these things and post here later.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

bubblecherry

Final Flight
"Very easy transitions" is one of the propaganda arguments since her coaching change. Not true last season.

The ONLY time "very easy/no transitions" was true was for her Tango program. Do people really think because she isn't spamming her programs with a half-baked spiral into and out of every jump, that she doesn't do transitions? Have they SEEN MOAG?

bubblecherry

Final Flight
I've been in a weird spot in life so I haven't been posting much. To be honest, my biggest concern for Zhenya right now is that she gets to a stable training environment and is able to get competition ready in time. I'm sure that's her biggest concern, too. We'll see how to Rika situation plays out. Zhenya is a smart girl, she'll figure out how to navigate that situation. Whether it's good or bad, she'll do what she needs and wants to do.

Anyway, who wants to hear my most recent unrealistic, very specific dream as a Zhenya fan? I want her reuse Exogenesis as a SP, with some of the alternative choreo that we've seen in the mini docu shows, and with a completely different costume/dress. Same program, new vibe? I just love the program so much, and the StSq :love: I just want MORE. I hope Buttle can live up to this with his SP for her next season.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Well I already lost count of the number of versions. Now the site has re-edited the article, quoting the words of Zhenya's representative saying that they know nothing about Rika and Orser and that it isn't Zhenya's business.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkatingSunny/status/1274071822389121025

Is it based on Sputnik article? Sputnik is a well-known Russian (probably with state funding)fake news industry . They make tabloid news and political fake news, too and they spread those news in whole Europe. So I'm a little bit skeptical

I would like to see her among those skaters ! https://www.instagram.com/p/CBo8BhmjJON/

Just a reminder for those suggesting Evgenia is lacking in any way. This is her fan fest. You know the rules and so do I, it needs to stop. This is not the place.

Is it based on Sputnik article? Sputnik is a well-known Russian (probably with state funding)fake news industry . They make tabloid news and political fake news, too and they spread those news in whole Europe. So I'm a little bit skeptical

I would like to see her among those skaters ! https://www.instagram.com/p/CBo8BhmjJON/

The team cricket masks are just the cutest! I hope the skaters who are currently stuck abroad get the chance for a welcome back post sooner rather than later. :)