Keegan Messing in limbo; awaits negative COVID test results | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Keegan Messing in limbo; awaits negative COVID test results

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Looks like Keegan is going to Beijing; but if he didn't start preparing himself time zone wise what's the point. He really neds to pull himself together quickly. Sounds like he is now negative but needs two tests with 24 hrs between and then test negative in Beijing.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He's not on the plane yet, and there's a decided shortage of flights to Beijing.

I hope the best for him but I'm not counting any chickens right now.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I don't think the COC would have announced that he is going to Montreal to get to Beijing if they couldn't find him a flight. I mean, he was in Vancouver which is much closer to Beijing... It really looks like they had to fly to Montreal to secure an itinerary for him. Of course, this is still pending that last PCR test to be negative.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
source :

Skate Canada confirmed that Messing, 30, is currently flying to Montreal, where he will have his final PCR test. From there, Messing would fly to Beijing with an expected arrival date of early Feb. 7 local time, allowing him to compete in the men's program.

"Everywhere [Messing] goes is a two-day adventure," said Mike Slipchuk, Skate Canada's high performance director. "But Keegan and his coach Ralph [Burghart], they're very low key and they're determined to be here."

yyzskater

On the Ice
Looking briefly at Google flights, there are no available flights to Beijing from Canada without an extensive layover (35+ hrs total). So I assume COC is mashing together their own itinerary for him to get him there.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Looking briefly at Google flights, there are no available flights to Beijing from Canada without an extensive layover (35+ hrs total). So I assume COC is mashing together their own itinerary for him to get him there.
He's supposedly going out through Montreal.