Ladies' Free | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Ladies' Free

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
After all the talk about Mao's dress I thought it would be horrific... I actually think it rather pretty, and I'm one of the more "conservative" fans when it comes to costumes...

it certainly has more fabric than what Ashley Wagoner's wearing for her LP.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
I wouldn't necessarily be jumping for joy if I was a Rochette fan, though. While it's nice to see her start strong like this, it only remains to see if she can MAINTAIN this level through 3 more competitions (possibly 4- will she do 4CC's?).

May I remind the fans that in the past six years, the GP has been a poor indicator as to what will happen at Nationals/4CCs/Euros/Worlds. Things change, and they change FAST. Ice is slippery, the faves can fall under pressure (whether they will still be held up enough to win under Cop is another matter), and underdogs can rise to the occasion. Stay tuned.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Predicting these evets back in september, it would have looked like Mao and Evan were ready to take on the world and that the american ladies would have a banner year. We just hot out first medal in ladies and that was a bronze.

..and that bronze was won by......................Alyssa Czisny. :eek:

gold12345

Medalist
Bebe, still the same old, same old. She should have retired long time ago.

Two falls, double a triple jump.

Um, if she loves skating and has fun doing it, I applaud her for sticking with it. She was 10th in the world last year. She may splat a lot, but she's still a quality athlete.

Hello Canadian judge! :laugh:

Yeah, this is why the judges should not be anonymous.

Last edited by a moderator:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Oh yeah, Caroline Zhang medaled here, I think..so that's 2 bronze medals for the Americans. go us :rofl:

romanoff81

Match Penalty
Joannie is a veteran know her goal is the world championships, i don't think she will crack this year anyway i think her program is the best so far this year lori did an amazing job.

ae9177

On the Ice
Wow, Joannie won! :clap: What a shock! Nobody would expect that she can beat Mao (and with such a huge margin!).

Mao has matured a lot presentation wise, but doesn't look very confident when she enters into those jumps, wonder why. Anyhow, it's still early in the season, she'll do much better at NHK.

I was amazed by Caroline last year, but her new programs didn't impress me much. Her jumps were very low. It made me nervous everytime she does lutz (the free leg position is awkward), and her speed is too slow comparing to other top ladies. But her spins are still great, I can watch her spin all day long and not get tired. :biggrin:

bekalc

Record Breaker
Frankly you know what I think. Fine keep the judges anonymous because you don't want their federation pressuring them.

BUT the ISU should know whose giving what marks. IF a Judge is found under marking other skaters, and then over marking their skater, than that judge should be punished. It's what is totally wrong with this sport.

Love_Skate

Rinkside
One judge passed out such PCS to Joannie.
PCS: 8.00 8.00 8.75 8.25 8.75

Actually it always happens. There is a judge who gave +1 GOE on Mao's two footed 3A. No wonder.
The judge knows his/her score will not be counted because he/she knows his/hers will be the highest. ;)

R.D.

Record Breaker
Note: I attached the ISU results to the opening post of the thread in case anyone would rather skip the discussion and get straight to it.

McWicked

On the Ice
Mao was SEXY
Joannie was CONFIDENT, Im glad she's enjoyin herself lately.
Caroline... oh... Caroline!!! It scares me when I see her about to jump... like she's goin in slow motion, i dont know how she's got enough power to rotate that much. And she does somethin weird when she kicks the ice for the take off... WEIRD.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Mao was SEXY

referring to her costume eh? meh, I can't say I agree, not by a long shot. I thought there were other female skaters that looked more attractive :love: (we're not naming names, of course)

Joannie was CONFIDENT, Im glad she's enjoyin herself lately.

Yes. Agreed.

Caroline... oh... Caroline!!! It scares me when I see her about to jump... like she's goin in slow motion, i dont know how she's got enough power to rotate that much. And she does somethin weird when she kicks the ice for the take off... WEIRD.

The jump technique is killing her. Look at this, she pumped out a 100% clean routine, and barely hung onto third place below skaters who made glaring mistakes.