Steppin Out

Take Five

Esqualo

Beatles

Tango

4 Seasons

Moondance

Mess is Mine

Patrick has a way about him that not many other skaters do. He has an elegance, a maturity, a subtle yet grandiose way of skating. There are few elite competitive skaters for years now and to this date that I am in love with just watching them do edgework and stroke over the ice and the subtle sound of their blades make it a dream for someone like me. I love the finer things of my sport and Patrick has a way of epitomizing so much of that.

GO PATRICK!!!!

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Two more thoughts that I forgot to post on the last page:

1) These two songs mean we will probably see Patrick wearing simple costumes again next season. No adornments or embellishments for him! In fact, we'll probably see more t-shirts and jeans!

2) Patrick needs to do a better job publicizing his appearances. Did anybody here even know that he would be at the RBC Open or throwing the first pitch for the Jays tomorrow night? :confused2:

I do find it ironic that I found that autographed baseball on eBay a few weeks ago. Maybe there's a connection...

Now I'm off to music rehearsal!

4everchan, I'll be rehearsing Patrick Doyle's "Non Nobis Domine" from the Henry V soundtrack. I would love to see Patrick skate to something like that!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

1) These two songs mean we will probably see Patrick wearing simple costumes again next season. No adornments or embellishments for him! In fact, we'll probably see more t-shirts and jeans!

2) Patrick needs to do a better job publicizing his appearances. Did anybody here even know that he would be at the RBC Open or throwing the first pitch for the Jays tomorrow night? :confused2:

I do find it ironic that I found that autographed baseball on eBay a few weeks ago. Maybe there's a connection...

4everchan, I'll be rehearsing Patrick Doyle's "Non Nobis Domine" from the Henry V soundtrack. I would love to see Patrick skate to something like that!

Now there is a piece I love and would love to see him use as an LP.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

see... even crossover would have been fine this year ;)

gosh... i cannot believe i would ever have said that... this would actually have been epic....

I think though that OS and I, when we posted at the same time hit the "why" button here..... It's like he doesn't want to connect too much to the music personally... He will of course perform it, like we know he is able to do... but it won't be personal,... and perhaps won't make him anxious...

to this i say... :roll5: be careful pattycakes ;) music, even if it sucks in the opinion of yours truly 4everchan, is powerful... and even the most insipid piece can stick to you emotionally... it's always there.

here is a very cheesy song that i went crazy over when i was a kid....

it's called Corsica... i have no idea what the singer is saying... the melody haunted me forever.... though the song is so cheesy i am fattening up just watching the clip ....

vivley, you now know i will not be able to contribute to your blog for music selection this year.... just cannot do it... :shock2:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bottom line for me, it's not easy being emotionally invested in a skater! :gaah: :drama:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

thank you :) that will help...see the MTK show version is great.... better than the competitive version.... it feels like these programs to me have more potential in shows than for the olympics

hey but look... page 667 arrived so quickly :biggrin:

vivley

"pcskatingfan.com"
Medalist
Listened to the songs on the way to rehearsal. Dust in the Wind has a nice orchestral section and should do nicely for the SP. Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah seems very slow and depressing. I'm not sure it's the right song for Patrick's LP. I'd rather see him skate to something more spirited....

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Listened to the songs on the way to rehearsal. Dust in the Wind has a nice orchestral section and should do nicely for the SP. Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah seems very slow and depressing. I'm not sure it's the right song for Patrick's LP. I'd rather see him skate to something more spirited....

or bring KD Lang's version.. why on Earth did they pick that specific version?