Senior Ladies Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Senior Ladies Free Skate

Tigger

Final Flight
Oh good grief!! If Cynthia is fat and unattractive, then I want to be like Cynthia!! :biggrin:

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
What do you mean she does not have 'accepted look and style'??? I found this comment was quite silly. She is absolutely an appealing young lady and much better looking than that exotic-looking Cynthia in my eyes.
I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with the way Joannie looks. I think she's an amazing skater with the whole package. What I ment by saying she dosn't have the accepted look and style is that she looks like an athlete. Many female skaters don't and alot of them are really thin. I have nothing against thin people but it's nice to see someone different who is just as good. Joannie looks strong and powerful which is unusual in the womens event. I think she's being undermarked by the international judges and that's the only reason I can think of that would be marking her down. That and her music choices which I would put under he style.

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with the way Joannie looks. I think she's an amazing skater with the whole package. What I ment by saying she dosn't have the accepted look and style is that she looks like an athlete. Many female skaters don't and alot of them are really thin. I have nothing against thin people but it's nice to see someone different who is just as good. Joannie looks strong and powerful which is unusual in the womens event. I think she's being undermarked by the international judges and that's the only reason I can think of that would be marking her down. That and her music choices which I would put under he style.

Don't agree. Irina is also a strong skater, was her PCS undermarked?
The problem for Joannie is that she's never been consistent. PCS is used by judges to put skaters into different tiers. Joannie will never get 7s if she is not considered a serious medal contender by judges.

I paid some attention to pairs, it's quite obvious. zhang/zhang's pcs jumped from 6s to low 7s in 2005/2006 season not because they really improved artistry dramatically but because judges started to consider them as serious medal contenders. All those pairs hovering in 6,7,8 places such as M&B, I&B, O&S got their corresponding PCS in 6s.

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
Don't agree. Irina is also a strong skater, was her PCS undermarked?
The problem for Joannie is that she's never been consistent. PCS is used by judges to put skaters into different tiers. Joannie will never get 7s if she is not considered a serious medal contender by judges.
I'm not saying Joannie is undermarked because she's a strong skater, that's stupid. I'm not going to try and explain this again.
I think Joannie is undermarked. Take whatever you want from my previous statement.