Yelim Kim: role model for South Korean women? | Golden Skate

Yelim Kim: role model for South Korean women?

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
NHK Trophy Recap for Women

Kim said that the younger skaters that qualified in the Junior Grand Prix Final motivated her to keep fighting as they “are achieving higher and higher scores.”

Three young junior women from South Korea going to the JGPF. Yuna Kim can never be replaced and will always be a legend (for me anyway). How much influence do you think Yelim as on up-and-coming women from South Korea in the sport?

What were your thoughts on the results of the women in Japan this week?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
NHK Trophy Recap for Women

Kim said that the younger skaters that qualified in the Junior Grand Prix Final motivated her to keep fighting as they “are achieving higher and higher scores.”

Three young junior women from South Korea going to the JGPF. Yuna Kim can never be replaced and will always be a legend (for me anyway). How much influence do you think Yelim as on up-and-coming women from South Korea in the sport?

What were your thoughts on the results of the women in Japan this week?
For me, so far no one has been better than Yuna...I frequently watch her 2013 Worlds winning "Les Mis" program. It remains to be seen if Young or Yelim or ? pull ahead of each other in the fight to be the best Korean lady....I like them all...and they do have different styles, just like Kaori is different from Rika....
Yes, many skaters talk about seeing someone famous on the ice and wanting to be like them and I am glad for that....I just dont know how they take the battle damage and get up. As far as NHK, anyone can have a good day and anyone can have a bad day and/or a combo there of. And it only takes a good jump here or a bad jump there to change things completely around. Makes me glad I am more into the performance art than the scores....cant wait to see who comes to 4 conts......
Rion 4.jpg

Last edited: