You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When... | Page 37 | Golden Skate

You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When...

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
...you dragged your boyfriend to so many figure skating competitions and shows that he can distinguish between an Axel and the other jumps and knows that quads are "really hard". To this day though, he remains most impressed by Tomas Verner doing a very fast upright double-footed spin at a show in Bratislava (at the same show, Michal Brezina was jumping triple Axels right in front of us).

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When you hear “Yellow Brick Road” and exclaim to your friend (who does not watch skating) “that’s Nathan Chen’s FS music!” And pull up a photo of Nathan on your phone to show him.

labgoat

Thinking about art & life...
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You have had it with work, commitments etc and the only thing you feel like doing is browsing goldenskate and watching figure skating videos
I agree!! With a new computer system at the hospital on top of the endlessly growing corona epidemic (masks people please!) and the US election, all I want to do is put my headphone on and watch skating and put the rest of the world on pause. Since I lost a lot of my copies recently, that means there will be more lists coming...2013-present. See video request thread for details...

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
...when you watch a celebrity edition of the quiz show "Pointless", and during the head-to-head round there is one of those questions where they play clips of music. The theme was that all songs were co-written by Cathy Dennis, and the players (who had all been in sitcoms) had to guess who sung them. So we had:

1. Kylie Minogue - "Can't Get You Out Of My Head"
  2. S Club 7 - "Never Had A Dream Come True"
  3. Diana Vickers - "Once"
  4. Katy Perry - "I Kissed A Girl"
  5. Britney Spears - "Toxic"

And as soon as one of the clips starts playing, you start picturing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfnvfoiAbRU

(I was actually looking for the first time we saw this but, unfortunately, the earlier performances of it are no longer on YouTube 😞 ).

CaroLiza_fan

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When you get excited to see life-size cutouts of people you actually know (& have met) @ Skate America!
Tabitha kitty will be at Nationals thanks to an incredibly kind and generous friend. I hope we can find her in the crowd!

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When you buy a Roku on Black Friday just so you can stream NBC Peacock onto your TV. And big bonus - I love the Roku so much more than the Firestick. I don’t even use the Firestick any more.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
When you watch shows like Battle of the Blades, P.J. Kwong's podcasts, That Figure Skating Show hosted by Dylan Moscovitch and Asher Hill. Also when you have a figure skating App on your phone.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
When you re watch footage on Youtube of your past favourite FS champions like Karen Magnussen or Toller Cranston, even though the videos are grainy and sound quality is lacking, but you appreciate their amazing skating skills.