Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 292 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The new position likely won't score a lot of new points. For the last two years its always been her first spin in the SP and in the FS too. On the protocols it shows up as FCSp4 (Flying Camel Spin position 4). To be even more specific it is a butterfly entrance/forward camel/donut variation/upright catch foot. Last year the best score I could find was during 2014 WC and the score was BV-3.20 with GOE- +1 so that is basically plus 2's across the board worth a total of 4.2pts. The amazing thing is during this event her final two spins (layback needle spin and combination i-spin) scored plus three GOE across the board. Very rare to have every judge giving +3's. With this new position and if nailed well she could possibly score +3 GOE across the board for ALL THREE spins in her program. So while the new position would only add about .5 Pts to her score making it worth 4.7. The real benefit may come from the effect it might have on the judges when they grade PCS. I truly believe the judges are susceptible to this type of thinking.

I wonder if she'll change her spin layout around next season. TBH I'd love to see her layback hit during a musical swell and held out for maximum effect.

It's sad that her spins aren't fully rewarded especially compared to some of the spins that score only a few pts shy of hers but that's CoP for ya and TBH CoP helps Yulia in other areas so...whatever. I started a thread last year before WC about spins being underscored and in that thread we determined Yulia's final spin should qualify to be at least a level 6. :laugh: again it's more evidence that she is an artist and doing it for the love of the sport and to be able to push herself to new limits more than anything else.

Welcome to Golden Skate skt2201 :)
Looking forward to more posts from you :yes:

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
^I think it's like this: donut >> half Biellmann >> full Biellmann
So 3 different positions but maybe the half Biellmann will not get counted.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We didn't even see her at the rink last year until like a week before the test skates. :laugh: now I imagine she pretty much has that whole place to herself while everyone else is on break.

#whoIStheNEWchoreographer

Alba

Record Breaker
Re: position

I think it's technically a forward camel then an upright catch foot. I usually reference this page when citing spins.

http://soyouwanttowatchfigureskating.tumblr.com/post/82740371954/intro-spins-singles

I think Biellmans come out of layback spins. Shall we take this to the stupid questions thread and pray that gkelly sees it?

No, you could include a Biellmann both in a layback and upright position spins. It's classified as difficult variation on both spins. I mean Biellmann is an upright catch foot spin.

Last edited:

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
https://instagram.com/p/1NJY7CkLfj
I'm not an expert, but isn't she LEANING HER HEAD BACK on purpose to make it one plane with her arms? Stunning... :love:

That is just beautiful! :love:
I wasn't a fan of her first spin which was this spin before because of her head position (she was always looking down when doing it). I thought it kinda ruined her body line on that spin but she fixed it and it's absolutely beautiful! This is gonna be my favorite spin of hers along with broken-leg sit spin. :love:

Last edited: