Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 384 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

Alex D

Record Breaker
I watched the skates now and she has improved in my opinion. You might wonder now "how & why", but I see a young lady who seems to be in good shape. It will take time until she can jump as she once did (she always jumped lower than others anyways), so this wont come overnight. It´s important I think, that the natural growth process is completed and she has a steady body to work with.

We all saw the same with Liza and she came back, so give Yulia some time and I am sure in one or two years she will be a real contender again. Until then, she still has beautiful programs and its not all about medals in this sports world either. She is an Olympic champion, nobody can ever take this away from her.

As for K&C, there was totally nothing rude or bad - people make an ocean out of a puddle.

tulosai

Record Breaker
That is true. I guess that's one more thing her for to work on in the US. :biggrin: *smiles and waves at audience* *hugs and kisses for flower girls and boys* *not physically abuse the flowers* :rofl:

Oh hey, look who's smiling at the medal ceremony.

I know this is Julia's thread but Joshi looks SOOOOO happy in that picture, it really warms my heart!

Alba

Record Breaker
That is true. I guess that's one more thing her for to work on in the US. :biggrin:

I hope not. The thing I hate most are fake smiles and we get a lot of them in FS.
Now, I hope those who are so shocked or feel bad that she doesn't smile can recover quickly from the trauma :drama:, and we can go ahead and discuss her skating, at least here. :confused2:

moviebuff

On the Ice
I hope not. The thing I hate most are fake smiles and we get a lot of them in FS.
Now, I hope those who are so shocked or feel bad that she doesn't smile can recover quickly from the trauma :drama:, and we can go ahead and discuss her skating, at least here. :confused2:

IMO, she is recovering. She has recovered so much from the trauma that was 2014. This is just my opinion as a viewer, but Yulia seems to mentally and emotionally recover from a bad (/unideal) skate a lot faster now, than she would have in years past. As a fan of hers, I'm a lot less worried about her now than last year.

Last edited:

FIREBIRD

On the Ice
As for K&C, there was totally nothing rude or bad - people make an ocean out of a puddle.
-mountain out of a molehill
-elephant out of a fly

I' am loving all the phrases and I agree 100%. I really don't understand what a few annoying individuals are talking about? They make it sound like Yulia ripped out the little girls' hand along with the flowers. :laugh2: There was no ripping or tossing…seriously.

Alba

Record Breaker
IMO, she is recovering. She has recovered so much from the trauma that was 2014. This is just my opinion as a viewer, but Yulia seems to mentally and emotionally recover from a bad (/unideal) skate a lot faster now, than she would have in years past. As a fan of hers, I'm a lot less worried about her now than last year.

I was talking about those people who seems so concerned with her not smiling, or whatever she does that it doesn't look good with them. :rolleye:
I'm not talking about Yulia. I hope she doesn't give a toss about smiling just so she could please anybody. :popcorn:

Now, everybody. Is there anyone who was watching the competition live?

borzaya

Final Flight
-mountain out of a molehill
-elephant out of a fly

I' am loving all the phrases and I agree 100%.

Yeah, I think we can start collecting these phrases. :laugh:

On a more serious note: though it's still obviously much work to do, I like the program! :love: And the dress is nice. The music still seems a bit of boring to me... (but it doesn't matter, anyway).

Fayruza

Match Penalty
Indeed. At least she doesn't sound crashed by her failure to skate clean. A good thing.
And she does sound mature.

Alex D

Record Breaker

Thanks, a lovely interview.

For those not able to read Russian (I don't dare to make a word for word translation, especially since someone else already took that job :)),

Her skate she said was ok and while she was disappointed at first and angry about her Flip comb, it´s just the start of a season and there is still time to fix the errors. She noted that she made some old errors, things that worked fine in practice.

She also speaks about her hard time when she was about to quit and how she decided to stand on her own feet and grow up. Also about her journey to America to work with Marina Zueva her choreograph, the change in nutrition and that she is looking forward to fix the errors of her program and gain more stability.

It´s also interesting how she describes the changes in her head and how elements that worked with ease before, now actually became a problem for her, as they were no longer that easy. She said that she understands much better now, what a young skater must go through, as your body just doesn't want as your head does.
First she felt alone, but after talking to others she realized its just a normal thing. She also mentions Liza especially, as a great friend who helped her a lot. As for her season, she just wants to regain her stability, especially the jumps and then so she said, she is a real competitor again.

Last edited:

Spiral

Final Flight
I don't have an opportunity to watch anything now, just saw the protocols and read this thread. Very glad that everybody thinks the program is beautiful. Looking forward to seeing it next week, despite the errors.

I watched the skates now and she has improved in my opinion. You might wonder now "how & why", but I see a young lady who seems to be in good shape. It will take time until she can jump as she once did (she always jumped lower than others anyways), so this wont come overnight. It´s important I think, that the natural growth process is completed and she has a steady body to work with.

We all saw the same with Liza and she came back, so give Yulia some time and I am sure in one or two years she will be a real contender again. Until then, she still has beautiful programs and its not all about medals in this sports world either. She is an Olympic champion, nobody can ever take this away from her.

I couldn't agree with you more! And last season Yulia was also improving from competition to competition. And it's good that she has Liza's example before her. Liza also has a typical female body type, as opposed to the typical fs body type, and she has demonstrated that one can be nowhere on the radar one season and win everything the next.

Thank you very much for the link! Yulia's attitude and patience is mind-blowing. Ditto the relationship between her, Elena R and Liza. I've been following fs for 30 years, and I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

I hope that the change of atmosphere in the coming fortnight will be good for Yulia and that she'll have better luck at Skate America.