Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 446 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

FIREBIRD

On the Ice
Yulia never discussed anybody with the media. Not one single time. Not even during last season which was so hard for her. She spoke to the media about herself. The only real adult I've seen in this whole story it has been her.

Sorry, perhaps I should not have been so vague and emphasized what I really meant, (but my post was so long that I didn’t want to write any more). When I mentioned that Yulia talked to the media, I did not mean she talked about Eteri or Averbukh but opened up to them about herself. Like I said, I don’t know weather this played any factor and later on added additional stress when things didn't start to go well (this is pure speculation on my part). And yes, you are correct. Yulia did not mention anything to the media about Eteri or Averbukh. If i remember correctly, Averbukh was the one opening his mouth, and now Eteri did it. This is why I like Yulia not only as a skater, but as an individual. She is mature for her age, and has a good head on her shoulders. And should add that I hope this is the only time Eteri mentions their breakup and moves on. She can talk about Evgenia if she wants too! Yulia is no longer her pupil.

Micha

Rinkside
I think that the relation between her and Eteri wasnt ok even before Olympics. Eteri told about it, she told how difficult it was to deal with Schindlers List on which Julia insisted. She mentioned it again, and that after all, the season was ok... there must have been problem even then.
Now Eteri mentioned, that she can not understand a sportsman, who does not want to train and compete. It was probably Julias state of mine, the goal was reached, so why to go on, and when everything became much more difficult because of her maturing. Julia told how difficult it was to prepare for the next season. It was probably very difficult to find motivation, with a coach she did not liked and did not believed in and it got even worse as she was not successfull.
I think that this period of her life was nevertheless good for her - because she changed herself. Until Olympics, we used to see a child with earphones, who knew only trainings and trainings, who was looking (and probably was) unhappy, but dedicated to sports. The next year - she made friends, smiled more often, comunicated, found love! It was a huge progress for her. And essential because she started to live.
I dont know if she can live and figureskate. I hope so. But if not, I think it would be much worse if she could figureskate, but could not live.
Sorry for my English and opinions.

Franklin99

Medalist
I just came here to say that I have a great feeling for Yulia for the upcoming Nationals/European events. I hope all of her fans are sending positive energy for Yulia to skate her best. GOOO Yulia!! :cheer::hap10:

Yamita

On the Ice
I just came here to say that I have a great feeling for Yulia for the upcoming Nationals/European events. I hope all of her fans are sending positive energy for Yulia to skate her best. GOOO Yulia!! :cheer::hap10:

I hope she can focus and ignore the mounting pressure from inside and outside. IMO, she doesn't need to be at the top right after the change of coach. She just needs to stay strong. That said, I will definitely prepare tissues for my joyful tears. This young lady never ceased to surprise me. :yes:

Watermelondrea

Final Flight
Soooo just discovered this, had a FANTASTIC time reading :)

Just a few questions: Is her boyfriend Vlad or Moris?

Also about Zhenya's program. So Averbukh came to Yulia with the music first, and choreographed it and all but she didn't like it? Can someone explain this thoroughly to me?

:) Thanks!!

NC89

Rinkside
Soooo just discovered this, had a FANTASTIC time reading :)

Just a few questions: Is her boyfriend Vlad or Moris?

Also about Zhenya's program. So Averbukh came to Yulia with the music first, and choreographed it and all but she didn't like it? Can someone explain this thoroughly to me?

:) Thanks!!
1. Vlad
2. He came with an idea of the program, but the music was different.

geiger

On the Ice
From Yulia's Ask:

Q: What is your opinion about installing a turbine on Lada Vesta?
A: And now I'm sitting here... thinking... can't sleep now...

moviebuff

On the Ice
From Yulia's Ask:

Q: What is your opinion about installing a turbine on Lada Vesta?
A: And now I'm sitting here... thinking... can't sleep now...

I am loving these random questions, and her answers are just...:laugh2:
I'm sure if Yulia wanted turbines on her car (or someone else's car), she'll make it happen...:scratch3:

moviebuff

On the Ice
Last edited:

geiger

On the Ice
Adidas keeps on bombing us with new photos. I wonder how many more they have there? Bless them. Keep them coming!